Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Jeff_Janson

PLEASE HELP: wierd saturn model for swap trick!

by Jeff_Janson Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:57 am

hey,
I used to have a saturn with which i used the swap trick to play burned games, but it got stolen and i have only just recently purchased another one. There is a problem though, it is a model 1 saturn but for some reason it doesnt have the tower thing on the inside to put the tape for the swap trick, it looks pretty wierd on the inside and the void if removed sticker was still on before i opened it up, i posted some pics below of the outside and inside of the saturn. Just wondering if anyone can help me as to whether it is possible to still make the swap trick work with this model? thanks

lordofduct
Next-Gen

by lordofduct Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:18 am

is that wire on the top shell attatched to some little push switch?

If it is then that is the signal switch. All you have to do is make sure it stays held in.

Use some tape, hold the switch in, boot up a game with out putting it back together... if the Saturn doesn't say any nonsense about tray being open then you've got the switch.

You can leave it taped, or just snip the wires and connect their ends together completing the circuit and it will think the tray is always closed.
Last edited by lordofduct on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Jeff_Janson

by Jeff_Janson Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:10 am

hey,
thanks heaps for the advice. There is a switch there, i cant believe i never saw it when i first looked, so it works fine now, thanks again.
Espio 1919
24-bit

by Espio 1919 Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:00 pm

Wow, I'm glad someone posted a topic like this, it turns out I have that same build for my Model 1, and I've been searching everywhere to find a way to use the swap trick with it, thank you!
Return to Technical Help