aiiiee saturn dead

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
arion
Next-Gen

aiiiee saturn dead

Post by arion »

well i hope its not but it isnt actually working...anyway when i turn it on only thing that happens is the green led goes on..no image and the drive doesnt spin. And its modded. So any suggestions other than getting a new one would be greatly appreciated :D
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: aiiiee saturn dead

Post by racketboy »

arion wrote:well i hope its not but it isnt actually working...anyway when i turn it on only thing that happens is the green led goes on..no image and the drive doesnt spin. And its modded. So any suggestions other than getting a new one would be greatly appreciated :D

Did you try taking the chip out?
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

yep still nothing..except occasionally i get the bios screen where i have to set the clock could this be related to the internal battery ?

edit : the cd drive works
arion
Next-Gen

Post by arion »

update

i did change the battery but it did not change anything except i get the bios language screen a few times when i turn turn the saturn on and i´ve noticed if i spend some time setting the clock there is a chance the bios simply freezes. I have removed the mod chip (good thing i didn solder the thing) and that didn change anything either. I have been able to boot up a game once by skipping throught the bios screen but most of the time when i turn it on i only get a black screen if i turn it on with a cd the cd usually just spins forever.

so any ideas whats wrong with it ?

btw what is the average lifespan of a sega saturn ? since i have had this one for about six years and it was used when i got it