Anybody Have Experience Repairing Consoles?

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
Majors
128-bit

Post by Majors »

Sienar wrote:You might wan't to try standing them vertically(ps2 style) as that's been known to help. There are other solutions as well, if standing it up doesn't work

Best solution was to buy a PS2. It still breaks, but I have just come to accept it. Now, if my PC did the same thing (hardware-wise) I'd be pissed...a new video card will run me 300-400 bucks on a PC I've already put a grand into. A used/refurb PS2 is $130 or less, about the cost of two new games. Some of my gamer friends don't see it the way I do, and are irrate that Sony would release such crap. I choose to just deal with it, how 'bout you?

It's not like by *NOT* buying a PS2, Sony will make better hardware.
Majors -=- Wedoca '22
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I just recently fixed my NES from the blinking problem. If anybody is having the same problem with their NES i can make a writeup that explains how i did it step by step.
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

when i used to get a blinking NES screen, i would turn off the console and wiggle the cartridge from side to side using my index fingers (holding each end simultaneously). worked for me 99% of the time
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

For the NES I just bought one of those 4 dollar cartridge slot replacements. Damn things work like a charm... haven't gotten a blinking screen once!... Even on my copy of Rygar which was the one to give me allllll my problems everytime.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Jubal
64-bit

Post by Jubal »

lordofduct wrote:For the NES I just bought one of those 4 dollar cartridge slot replacements. Damn things work like a charm... haven't gotten a blinking screen once!... Even on my copy of Rygar which was the one to give me allllll my problems everytime.

where did you find it for $4? everywhere i see them they are 9 or 10. I have been wanting to replace mine, but havent gotten around to it.

-Jubal-
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

They may have gone up in price... I bought mine like 4 years ago.
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers