Silent Hill 4 PC

Need help with your PC or Modding Projects?
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Silent Hill 4 PC

Post by lordofduct »

I got SH4 for the PC... it installed fine, the disc is legite and brand spanking new. I run the game and it tells me that the DVD did not authenticate in time. WTF?

I've heard of some UbiSoft games not being compatable to aunthenticate on some DVD-ROMs. But this isn't an Ubi game... symptons sound similar though. I even ripped the game and mounted it on a virtual drive... as I had suspected no worky (gave me a different error and locked my virtual drive mount tool). I didn't really expect that to work, but it couldn't hurt to try.

Anyone have any ideas? This really ticks me off as I actually PAID for this freaking game and my computer is well more then enough to handle it. GRRRRRRR!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Heh...I downloaded it and it worked fine. Strange.
durkada
64-bit

Post by durkada »

Well, I've heard of the problem -- that of certain games simply being incompatible with various drives. You gotta love ditching the ISO standard, don't ya? It really doesn't matter on the manufacturer/publisher of the game, because most of them simply license the protection scheme from other companies.

At any rate, the best bet I can think of is to visit http://www.gamecopyworld.com and look for a crack which will allow you to play without the real CD.

Sorry :/
Indy_aka_Rex
24-bit

Post by Indy_aka_Rex »

Silent Hill isn't on the starforce game list, but check if you've installed any games with starforce:

http://www.boycottstarforce.net/
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

durkada and I had it... it is the same problem that I read about with the Ubisoft games. Luckily I had ordered my server computer parts last week and they came in to day with a new DVD-ROM... popped the bad boy in and it worked! YEY!

Oh... and I thought to actually try technical support. I've never really called tech support ever in my life because I figured they'd be a bunch of morons like I've heard time and time again. My assumptions were right. He asked me what processor I was running... I told him "Intel Core 2 Duo E6700". I repeated myself 3 times. He troubleshooted for awhile and then stated...

"Well we haven't really had time to test your processor as it is new. The AMD Duron blah blah blah blah... blah... is so new that... blah blah"

I did a double take.

"Excuse me? First off the AMD Duron isn't that new of a processor nevermind the fact I said I had an INTEL CORE 2 DUO!"

"oh... ummm..."

"I see you have no idea what your talking about... have a nice day."

---

other annoying comments from him.

When I told him my processor the 3 times I also stated "You know... the new one, came out like a month and a half ago." 2 questions later he asked me if I had owned my computer for more then a year... ummm... brand new processor say what?

He asked me how much RAM I had... I told him 2 Gigabytes. "Wha? Only 2 Megabytes... well that's your problem!"... WHAT!? I wouldn't be able to boot WinXP which I had already told him I was running.

After he asked my video card (a Geforce 7950 GX2) he then asked me if I downloaded the latest ATI drivers.

I'm serious... he asked these STUPID fucking questions!
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Haha, we've all been there man. Where do they find these people?