Titles of Interest Before XB 360 Market Closure

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Titles of Interest Before XB 360 Market Closure

Post by Jagosaurus »

As many of you know, the Xbox 360 marketplace is closing down in late June '24. Should note, this does NOT impact existing purchases or anything moved over to the XB1/XB Series storefront (via BC). It also is not the MS 360 servers for online play or 360 specific achievements. Only new purchases will be restricted/shop sunset.

Below is a list of the 220 Arcade titles dropping off. Rez HD jumps out to me. I need to snag that.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... re-closes/

Worth noting there are other full releases that never saw a physical release on the platform. One that jumps out to me is Legend of Kay Anniversary. Yes, it's available elsewhere.

Several titles also later received an updated XB1 release such as CoD Black Ops III.

... also, go buy or claim any DLC you want for non-backwards compatible titles.

What are you going to grab before June 29th?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: Titles of Interest Before XB 360 Market Closure

Post by Raging Justice »

I'm honestly getting tired of digital marketplaces. Most of these will end up on pirate websites at some point anyway. So I don't plan on buying anything. I'm all physical these days and don't want to support "the all digital future"
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

I'm actually mostly physical (80%+) now too ... but with titles like Rez HD that never saw a physical release & interest me, I'm probably going to drop 10 bucks.

... or I'll at least make sure I dig into some DLC options for games I already own, both physical & digital.

To be fair ... if you bought something previously, you won't lose it. Just new purchases, for non-back compat 360 titles, are sunsetting.

Some some ppl on Reddit going and DLing all the free backgrounds and avatar related items. Fun idea I didn't think of.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Jagosaurus wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:33 pm I'm actually mostly physical (80%+) now too ... but with titles like Rez HD that never saw a physical release & interest me, I'm probably going to drop 10 bucks.
I’ve got good news for you. Rez HD is included on Qubed for the Xbox 360; so, it if receive a physical release.

Bionic Commando ReArmed is the game you need to snag. It’s scandalous that game doesn’t have a physical release and remains unavailable on the Switch. Capcom desperately needs to release a Bionic Commando collection…
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Nice! Had no idea Rez was included in Qubed.

Also, the Bionic Commando title caught my eye but I hadn't looked up any footage yet. Will check it out.

... wondering how much DLC will be gone and require a modded JTAG or RGH 360 post this summer. Has to be 100s of DLCs.

Thanks on both tips.