2024 New Years Resolutions

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: 2024 New Years Resolutions

Post by REPO Man »

So long as they're not dreaming about the Beast.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Seriously, inappropriate content for the forum and you didn't even make an attempt to match the song. Don't you ever write a musical or your audience will murder you for having no musical or lyrical sensibilities. Also, please edit your post so I don't have to.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

marurun wrote:Seriously, inappropriate content for the forum and you didn't even make an attempt to match the song.

Okay, so it wasn't just me. I tried to make the words fit the rhyme and meter of the song as I remember it, but couldn't.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Post edited.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Well, REPO has inspired me.
I wrote this in the middle of the night in July, 2021. I posted it to the Huntsville, Alabama subreddit and the moderators removed it a few hours later. I still feel like that was a case of over-moderation.

Content Warning: This story mentions politicians, but does not express political opinions. The legal issue mentioned is true and verifiable. Contains body horror.

My personal experience with former Alabama congressman Mo Brooks and Senator Katie Britt
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

This is the best thread derailment I've read in a while. I can probably only say that because I was smart enough not to click that spoiler tag.

For an actual attainable resolution, I'm going to try to get the last PS3 titles that I want for my collection while they are still relatively cheap. I think it is around 20 titles or so. I just paid my HOA dues so maybe I can get started next month.
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

Oh wow, I got modded off of r/nosleep, too.

I'm actually kind of surprised about that one. I read all the rules, and I was pretty sure that my story fell within them. I guess I do mention two (local) politicians, but not in any implausible way, except for implying that they may not be human.

Oh well.