2023 New Years Resolutions

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
REPO Man
Next-Gen

2023 New Years Resolutions

Post by REPO Man »

Again, mostly just the past years' unfulfilled resolutions with the odd new one.

:arrow: Start a YouTube channel. I'm still figuring out what to call it (turns out D1 Productions was already taken) and how to get rid of that weird sound.
:arrow: Read more.
:arrow: Write more. Aside from scripts for my aforementioned YouTube channel and fanfiction works, I've been working on ideas for novels for years.
:arrow: Build a new media shelf. My current only only holds over between a half to two-thirds of my collection of Blu-Rays, not counting my Puppet Master and Friday the 13th box sets.
:arrow: Redecorate my place. I'm thinking ditch my bed, replace my couch with a futon, get a new dresser and put it and my shelves where my bed used to be and so on.
:arrow: At least try to get my driver's license. If it turns out that I do need to move, I'll need a way to get my stuff to my new place, assuming I can find one.
:arrow: Try to move to NYC. Seeing as how I was able to pay off $3,360 in back rent in only five months, I figure I can sock away enough money to move to NYC and rent a room (assuming said room is $800/mo) by October.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Re: 2023 New Years Resolutions

Post by REPO Man »

So I guess no one else has any New Years resolutions?
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Your budget should be 1000 a month for a room in NYC.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Glasses so I can actually contribute and join the forums again.. I think you guys know about my blurry eyes I’ve been whining about for years now.

Actually stop lying to Racketboy about finishing all these guides that I actually do have drafted for the past 13 years now... I’m ashamed to admit.. To my defense my absence all these years can be a credited to a few baby mommas, a couple of divorces, too much weed, chasing too many women, just to be alone, sober and with Jesus.

My collection game always on point tho. Staying off eBay so that means back to the good ol fashion way, so here I come ladies and gents.. and as the saying goes... well never mind that I’ll never have available what I’ve had in the past but quite a few nice games at the best prices of course!

Maybe not this year but I have partnered with a friend that could use my expertise with his rather large inventory of consoles, games that we’ll prolly put GameStop out of business. Not my inventory so don’t get too excited but he doesn’t comprehend what he has so that’s where I come in to help. And same friend I’m also helping with R&D for a future board game as I specialize in strategy, tactics and finding any game breaking design flaws.

But finally after 40 years I’m learning to put myself first and wanna ride out the rest of my journey peacefully taking it easy enjoying my hobbies, games and 4 daughters.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

TEKTORO wrote:But finally after 40 years I’m learning to put myself first and wanna ride out the rest of my journey peacefully taking it easy enjoying my hobbies, games and 4 daughters.

Good to hear from you, TEK! Glad you seem to be doing so well, and best of luck with your resolutions!
Melek-Ric
32-bit

Post by Melek-Ric »

Gaming NYR: Make a trip back to Galloping Ghosts Arcade. I haven't been since 2018, too long.
"Challenging my unit was both foolish and reckless! You are nothing more than my prey... one that is soon to be retired!"
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Aside from reading a couple of Christopher Pike novels and building a new shelf for my Blu-rays I haven't done fuck-all re: my resolutions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

So, since my last post, I've done virtually NOTHING with my resolutions.

Oh, well. There's always next year, or should I say tomorrow? Anyone else have any luck with their resolutions?