25%
Mid December
No votes

Total votes : 12
Anapan
Next-Gen

RacketBoy 2022 auction timeframe poll

by Anapan Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:46 am

Not wanting to jump the gun as has been maligned here previously (when I was only contributing), but I actually need some input as I expect my previous between-season vacations might actually be completely filled with work, and I am now the showrunner. TBH I'd be really happy to take sidecar-gunner seat and support another more-available member, but I am more concerned with making the annual event go smoothly than any other concern, and toward that goal I will take the wheel until someone else shows a vested interest
I remember previously some members disliked the year-end season as the end-date as that caused them to not be able to bid as much.
In this case I agree, having a sooner auction would spread out my time to make and test contributions.
I have a lot of things that even last year I didn't complete for the auction to the point now I don't even expect to complete 1/2 of the backlog of mod\solder\homebrew\refurbish\reshell projects I want to contribute. I'll be making multiple of these so I can keep one of the many projects I've invested in. This is another poll I will create and populate, tho I'll populate it when the first poll gets some results so I can gage how much time I might have to complete them.
If I fail to complete any, I have some cool other stuff that should be desirable to members.
While I brought this topic up, I don't have any charity picked, so I plan to make another poll that i"ll link closer to the decided on end-date that this poll will decide.
The polls cannot be modified or created separately, so I will be editing this post with links below when I create them: Please message me if you want to gage your possible contribution's appeal in one of the subsequent polls
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ziggy587

Re: RacketBoy 2022 auction timeframe poll

by Ziggy587 Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:01 pm

Bump!

I've been busy the past few weeks, but I will weigh in on this when I get a chance to think about it.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 pm

Also just wanted to chime in to say early November or early December would be better for me. October will be a bit hectic, but either way I'd still like to participate in the auction, if I can!
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:50 am

Hey guys, sorry for the radio silence, and also not taking into account any of the feedback. I was busy making robot cats.
I usually only know about a week before I am called to a job, but this one was a bit more abrupt so I had to drop everything including my procrastinated almost finished donations, and leave. I planned to schedule the auction for early or maybe mid October despite poll results, but it looks like I'm stuck here until late October. I hope this doesn't too badly affect the auction's participation. I did manage to photograph and package a set of donations, so I will definitely make everything work.
Again, sorry for not doing anything about the results of the poll. I should've asked for donations a long time ago. I will do that now.

Definitive date: November 1st.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever