Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Favorite 2021 movie

by Raging Justice Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:22 am

Here's mine

Spider-Man No Way Home is a true gift to fans of live action Spider-man movies or just fans of Spider-Man in general. I actually used to be a fan of the Spider-Man comics many years ago and I've seen every live action Spider-Man movie except for The Amazing Spider-Man 2. I'm not the most hardcore Spidey fan, but I certainly have an appreciation for this character and this movie kind of reminded why. I didn't even like Tom Holland's Spider-Man when he was first introduced, and I didn't like this version of MJ either. However, this movie finally sold me on them, especially Tom Holland as Spidey.

The first two movies with Holland are okay, but not really must see movies, but No Way Home most definitely is. You might as well watch the previous two movies of his if you haven't seen them already. They're not amazing, but they do help set things up for No Way Home. You also should know about the events of Avengers Infinity War and Avengers End Game before watching Spider-Man No Way Home, but everyone should know by now that the Avengers movies set the foundation for what happens in other MCU movies

Spider-Man: No Way Home has nostalgia, emotional moments, incredible action, and a satisfying ending
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite 2021 movie

by PretentiousHipster Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:41 pm

No point doing it yet since all the foreign films are coming out, but Benedetta and Red Rocket are 2 very strong contenders.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite 2021 movie

by Nemoide Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:42 pm

I really didn't watch a lot of new movies last year. Ever since covid started I've only been to the theater a handful of times and I'm not really into streaming. Keeping up with the newest stuff has never been my style though. Ask me in a couple years what my favorite 2021 movie is and I'll have a better answer.

But I guess if I had to pick, I'd say Halloween Kills is my favorite. It's an over-the-top, more than a little absurd slasher, extremely wild, and I think it might be my favorite Michael Myers-based Halloween movie. I'll be surprised if it's anyone else's favorite, but I really dug it. I've been seeing every Halloween movie in theater since I was in high school and this is the first time I walked out of the theater not even feeling a *little* disappointed. Really looking forward to the final entry in the new trilogy!
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever