Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
nightrnr
Next-Gen

What's your ringtone?

Post by nightrnr »

My ringtone is currently
Mega Man (GB) Wily level
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bIYketbtjPM

Seems to fit so well as it's immediately upbeat, fun, and somewhat obscure (your typical Mega Man fan wouldn't be able to place it).

And just for fun:
My notification sound is:
"Someone shot the food" from Gauntlet.
...just another lost soul...
marurun

Re: What's your ringtone?

Post by marurun »

I have the Vampire Savior character select music for when my wife calls. I used to have the Darius coin sound for texts but that got really annoying. I've had trouble finding high quality coin jingles and arcade short-tunes to select for rings.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Mine was this for a while...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFIcCjj ... 5&index=26

But then I changed it to this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUsb2Lv ... 5&index=17

I like them because they sound like cheesy ringtones that come with a phone, so most people are unaware that it's from a video game.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ziggy587 wrote:I like them because they sound like cheesy ringtones that come with a phone, so most people are unaware that it's from a video game.

You just ruined David Wise's day.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

LOL, didn't mean it like that. That trilogy is my favorite video game music, with 2 specifically probably being my favorite. Musically, David Wise influenced me tremendously.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Ziggy587 wrote:LOL, didn't mean it like that. That trilogy is my favorite video game music, with 2 specifically probably being my favorite. Musically, David Wise influenced me tremendously.

I'm just teasing. It's great stuff, but it really does sound like it could fit in with ringtones. Especially that first link you posted.

I myself just use a simple ringing tone (Atomic Bell on the Galaxy phones). I have thought about using the Meta Gear Solid alert for notifications, but I take a much more relaxed approach to those, and the alert is just too high energy for a text or simple app update.
marurun

Post by marurun »

You don’t want the Codec ring for texts?
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Nice ringtone selections, Ziggy and nightrnr! I'm boring and usually keep my phone on the vibrate function. Got so used to keeping it in that mode.

Not video game music, but back in the day I had a MIDI version of the Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II instrumental which I used for my ringtone for a few years.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

My ringtone is the theme from Batman the Brave and the Bold.
https://youtu.be/RwPC4G1rjdc

My notification sounds is "BoomShackALacka" from NBA Jam
https://youtu.be/ec3L7RhyEX8
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Those are perfect Ziggy.
I still have not played through DKC2 (first couple worlds once).
Oddly, I have played all 3 GB DK lands.

Not sure when I'll change mine again.
I was just impressed how changing a ringtone can alter the feel of getting a call (from alarming annoyance, to "hey I know this one, this is my jam").
Never really changed it to my own tune except once as an experiment (1st flip phone allowed recording a sound and I tried it out with Dragon Warrior overworld theme).

I think a lot of people use their cell exclusively on vibrate these days, Note. It makes sense, really, as to avoid disruptions.
Oddly, that's the most upsetting, er setting, for me. My anxiety does not do well with it I suppose.

Midi anything could work well for a ringtone, I think.
...just another lost soul...