Halloween

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
BiggestBob

Halloween

Post by BiggestBob »

What are your plans for Halloween this year? Many people say they wont celebrate Halloween this year.Are you going to celebrate it even with the corona virus?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Halloween

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Not gonna celebrate, but I'm gonna buy tons of costumes regardless. It looks like a 4th wave is starting here so I wanna be careful.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

The covid fear mongering doesn't affect me, things are fine down here in Florida despite the media always acting like it's the apocalypse down here. That said, I've never been big on Halloween anyway. I don't have kids, so trick of treating has never been a thing

I will probably just chill out and enjoy some scary movies. I've been wanting to check out A Quiet Place. That new Witcher anime movie also feels Halloween-ish. Might be a good time also to finish the last season of Ash vs Evil Dead, though it doesn't seem great from what I've seen
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

Halloween or any upcoming holiday wont be great. I love haunted mazes, but I don’t see that happening this year.
Last edited by benderx on Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
marurun

Post by marurun »

OK, let’s not argue about COVID in here. If it is changing your Halloween plans you can talk about how. If not, don’t mention COVID at all. We’re not going to have a bunch of back and forth.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

I love Halloween. Hard to actually "trick or treat" in a rural town where houses are spread out so far. Typically we go to a big costumed party at the local rec center. Hopefully it's on this year. Regardless, I'll drive the kids to a few houses of close friends & relatives to nab some candy.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I love Halloween, but I mostly celebrate by putting up a bunch of spooky decorations, eating monster/pumpkin themed junk food, and consuming a huge amount of horror media. At the library I work at, we typically dress up in costume for the day, but since Halloween's on a Sunday this year, that's not happening.

The area's Alamo Drafthouse has just recently reopened and haven't announced any "Dismember the Alamo" movie marathons, but I'd certainly like that to happen. But I'm also kind of on the fence about how much I actually want to spend all day in a theater in close proximity to others these days...
marurun

Post by marurun »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I love Halloween. Hard to actually "trick or treat" in a rural town where houses are spread out so far. Typically we go to a big costumed party at the local rec center. Hopefully it's on this year. Regardless, I'll drive the kids to a few houses of close friends & relatives to nab some candy.

Do you have any Trunk or Treat events nearby? They do that near me and I live in a candy-heavy neighborhood. Families come and park their cars in a lot and have candy in their trunks to hand out. Kids do a circuit around from car to car filling their bags.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

So-far I've had a lot more trick-or-treaters than last year. Good thing I ordered the individually wrapped sweedish fish early before the shortage.
Here's my Kirby Jack-o-lantern:
Used a wifi-enabled LED bulb set to pink stuck through the back.
Last edited by Anapan on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

mm.png
mm.png (809.84 KiB) Viewed 3454 times
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.