Figure/Toy Collecting Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Figure/Toy Collecting Thread

Post by Raging Justice »

I've recently been dabbling a bit in collecting toys and figures. Here's some cool stuff I got(these are just stock pictures I got off the internet, too lazy to take pictures of my stuff right now):

I'm mainly focused on getting figures of fictional characters I love. There's an amazing John Wick I wish to get my hands on

You guys recommend any cool websites or companies for this sort of thing? Or maybe you have some stuff of your own you'd like to show off. I'm sure there's some collectors on this forum
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Figure/Toy Collecting Thread

Post by Nemoide »

Yeah! Toys are fun!
I've mostly gotten anime figures over the years but I recently started getting American action figures for the first time since I was a teenager. I generally like getting toys in the packaging so that I can be sure that they're complete and in good condition. I'm a bit limited in space at the moment and it's easy to hang action figures on my wall for some tacky decoration but I aim to SOMEDAY open them all up and make fun displays when I can afford to get a house.
Hasbro has started putting out "Kenner Classics" Real Ghostbusters action figures as Wal-Mart exclusives and I'm ALL OVER THAT. They're almost identical to the original 80s action figures that I have deep nostalgia for but go for a lot less than it would cost to buy actual vintage toys in packaging. I also found a couple vintage Beetlejuice figures at an antique shop the other day and that's another line I'd like to collect.
I also have a very-long-term goal of getting at least the first two series of Spawn action figures since I've got a lot of nostalgia for those. I especially like them from the early era when they were a bit more chonky/plastic-y than the later Spawn toys where they became something more like resin statues one or two points of articulation.

I love toy robots but I only have a handful of Transformers and am very picky about them: I only want things like Dinobots, Skybite, Ectotron, or the newly released Sharkticon from the 86 movie. I have the Soul of Chogokin versions of the classic dino Megazord/Dragonzord/Titanus making that Ultrazord the most expensive toy I've ever bought, but it brings me a lot of happiness.

Another toy that came out in the past year and will hopefully just be the first in a line is Super7's Ulitmates version of The Toxic Crusader (linking to an upcoming alternate color version). I'd love other characters from the show; I have some of the older toys but they've gotten VERY expensive lately. Super7 is definitely a good company for releasing high-end action figures that appeal to me a lot more than, say, NECA's super-realistic stuff. Their ReAction figures are ubiquitous and seem neat but are too expensive for me considering how minimalist they are. Their Ultimates are more expensive, but are more clearly a high-end product

I'm not really a dedicated fanatic for toys, but I like what I like and think they can be SUPER COOL!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Just put an order in for this beautiful thing. It's by Truforce Collectibles, who sadly aren't able to make any more figures from this series it seems. I don't think X ever looked this good in ANY of the Mega Man X games. I'm more of a Zero guy, but this thing is cool.

IMJ
24-bit

Post by IMJ »

Great thread.

I've been all-in on the Transformers Studio Series releases related to the animated movie. I swore off Transformers years ago, but those are probably as close as we will get to "definitive" and affordable Transformers from that movie. I dropped out of Transformers as a kid shortly after the movie with my vintage Rodimus and Galvatron stuff and didn't really look back much until the studio series stuff.

On another note, that Mega Man X is awesome. They "Iron Man'd" him up a bit. :)
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

IMJ wrote:Great thread.

I've been all-in on the Transformers Studio Series releases related to the animated movie. I swore off Transformers years ago, but those are probably as close as we will get to "definitive" and affordable Transformers from that movie. I dropped out of Transformers as a kid shortly after the movie with my vintage Rodimus and Galvatron stuff and didn't really look back much until the studio series stuff.

On another note, that Mega Man X is awesome. They "Iron Man'd" him up a bit. :)

I have that Mega Man X on a shelf with a Zero model kit figure. They look cool posing together. I'll never do a model kit figure again though, that Zero was a pain to put together and I didn't even do that great of a job. It was sloppily put together as I'm a model kit newb and also have little patience, but it still looks nice. I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that the X figure was roughly the same size and height so I could put them together on a shelf. X also has an LED buster light that I showed in my last post and the Zero figure has a light up light saber! It's cool having both X's buster and Zero's saber glowing as they pose together.

Yeah, that Transformers Studio Series makes me happy, much easier than getting original, G1 toys. I actually have an original, G1, Hot Rod figure, and I think the Studio Series one is actually better. So I won't bother with the rather difficult and expensive task of getting old, G1, toys. Getting these is easier and that movie is really my favorite thing from G1 Transformers anyway. There's even a figure they are doing of Starscream after his coronation. That's cool

The ultimate Transformers toy though, which I'll never be able to get my hands on is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0SEYM9jHVg
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

These aholes sit next to my tv.

marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I was waiting outside a restaurant for my order the other day and I found a little Coco guitar in the gutter.
I went home and gave it to an old pal.
And it works!
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

So Bigbadtoystore apparently has a new batch of the TruForce Mega Man X figure. They're taking pre orders. If you missed it the first time around here's another chance to get the greatest Mega Man X figure ever made. It's pricey at 80 dollars, but totally worth it. I still am happy with mine. Damn shame this is the only figure they made. Zero, Vile, and Sigma would have looked amazing.

6 inches (15.24cm)
Features die-cast armor
LED functionality in the X Buster
Swappable face and hand parts
Over 30 points of articulation

Also, something new I ordered for my collection...hasn't shipped yet

I don't love the face sculpt, but since you have the option of putting the helmet over his face like in the above pictures, it's not a big deal. I'll probably never get my hands on the original 80s Silverhawks toys for a decent price, and many of them have had the paint deteriorate anyway, so I'll take this as a consolation prize. There are no other modern Silverhawks figures I know of until the Super 7 Ultimates line comes out, and those figures don't look like they'll be as shiny and metallic as this one that they licensed out to ramen toys. Silverhawks fans don't have as many toy options as Thundercats fans. I'll take what I can get.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I like that you open them. If you’re going to display them, in-box looks a little tacky (IMO). Maybe fine for retaining value, but far less display panache.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

https://imgur.com/a/YrRtlIo
I have other figures but this is what's on my shelf right above my computer.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread