Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Fashion Thread

by Note Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:16 pm

I also like those Puma Suedes, Golgo! That's a nice light blue color. I had a pair of navy blue Puma Suedes like that when I was a kid, would love to get those shoes again.

The model was especially popular here in NY throughout the 70's and 80's due to Clyde Frazier from the Knicks having an endorsement deal with the brand and wearing the sneakers on court.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:42 am

Note wrote:The model was especially popular here in NY throughout the 70's and 80's due to Clyde Frazier from the Knicks having an endorsement deal with the brand and wearing the sneakers on court.

Ah, good knowledge! Puma still sells shoes with Clyde Frazier's name, but I didn't know the story behind that.

You used to be able to get a nice variety of Puma Suedes on Amazon, but the selection has dwindled over the years for some reason. These days I go to Puma's own website or the website for the old mall store Champs Sports. In both cases, I try to wait for a sale, but there isn't usually a discount on the limited edition collaboration shoes.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:08 am

Golgo 14 wrote:Ah, good knowledge! Puma still sells shoes with Clyde Frazier's name, but I didn't know the story behind that.

You used to be able to get a nice variety of Puma Suedes on Amazon, but the selection has dwindled over the years for some reason. These days I go to Puma's own website or the website for the old mall store Champs Sports. In both cases, I try to wait for a sale, but there isn't usually a discount on the limited edition collaboration shoes.

Good to know where to look for the shoes! Appreciate that info. What other brand collaborations did you like from them?

Yeah, Clyde Frazier was the first athlete in the NBA that had a sneaker endorsement, which opened that door for many others. In 2018 when Puma started up their basketball program again, they signed Frazier to a lifetime deal. Good for him! Without his endorsement, I don't think the brand would've had as much of an impact.

Another fun fact about Puma, it was started by Rudolf Dassler, the older brother of Adi Dassler who was the founder of Adidas. They had worked together but after a feud, went their separate ways with their own brands.
marurun

by marurun Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:19 am

Animal Crossing Pumas are incoming, y'all. Now it's actually gaming-related!

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/ ... laboration
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:04 pm

Yeah, I just saw that about the Animal Crossing shoes! :lol:

I've been wearing Pumas for 8 or 9 years, but I've never noticed collaborations before. Maybe it's a new thing this year. The first ones I saw were with Haribo, the gummi bear people! I thought about getting them, but they're a bit out there. They have something that looks like gummi bears in the soles!

https://us.puma.com/en/us/pd/puma-x-har ... _color=01#

It's kind of a special occasion shoe, and I'm not sure what that occasion would be.

And yeah, I love the Puma/Adidas backstory. I wonder if Puma was behind the "All Day I Dream About Sex" word of mouth smear campaign. :lol:
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:42 am

EVERYDAY IS AN OCCASION!

My brother likes Puma. Has a few pairs of shoes including this black and red knit looking pair. Recently he shifted his attention to adidas. He picked up the two Ice Cream Ultraboost and he loves em!
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:50 am

Gucci wrote:EVERYDAY IS AN OCCASION!

THIS IS A GOOD PHILOSOPHY!

Gucci wrote:My brother likes Puma. Has a few pairs of shoes including this black and red knit looking pair. Recently he shifted his attention to adidas. He picked up the two Ice Cream Ultraboost and he loves em!

What a betrayal!
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:29 pm

While this does not apply to your awesome pumas, I've been seeing lots of cost cutting measures across the board for fashion.

Mainly seen in hoodies, shorts, sweatpants, and shoes: poor quality drawstrings and laces.
It's the little details that, I think, make the difference. I've got a nice hoodie that cost me a decent amount of coin. The drawstring is such trash, I can't understand for the life of me how they can mess that up. It's short, rough, and tied off at the end with cheap melted plastic. That same company, under a different label slotted lower in the price bracket, makes hoodies with flat, better quality drawstrings. Just doesn't make sense.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:19 am

I've had a few Flint & Tinder hoodies for years. They got bought out by Huckberry a few years ago, and they're not a flagship product for them, but I think the quality actually went up when they did a redesign a couple years ago.

Not cheap though, and their price just went up another 10 bucks. I'd say the colors they have available at the moment aren't the best though. I have a nice light blue one, and solid red one, among others.

https://huckberry.com/store/flint-and-t ... ear-hoodie
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:02 pm

Those look like well made hoodies. Like I said: it’s the little details. Metal tip ends on the drawstring. Metal eyelets in the hood for the string.

How’s the weight? Are they heavy?

Edit: forgot to add that I have a couple of hoodies that have this drawstring system in the back of the hood. You pull it and it cinches the top half of the hood. It leaves the bottom half open. Not sure if that’s good or bad but the hood does stay in place during windy days.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever