Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gucci
64-bit

Re: Fashion Thread

by Gucci Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:47 pm

They are indeed separate colors. Actually they are separate materials. The grey color is the nylon from a bomber jacket and the white is the material Nike used for their Team USA jacket. The inside part’s bottom half is the same material.

That’s Sacai’s signature thing: splice two things together. I don’t know if they were the originator of the concepts but they’re definitely known today for that. The pieces that carry over every year is the hoodie where the inner panels are the bomber jacket nylon with the body and outer arms being the hoodie material.

Stuff from Sacai is hella expensive. That hoodie I mentioned above range from $660 to $705 (pullover vs full zip). Don’t take this the wrong way but if it’s too expensive for you (Edit: I really hope I’m not coming off as some elitist dick — I just want make everyone aware of alternatives), look into the recently released Nike x Sacai collab. There’s some great looking women’s pieces, and men’s too. You get something that has that Sacai flare for a lot less and is easier to care for too (can be cleaned in the washer compared to Sacai proper where it needs to be dry cleaned). If your partner is interested, take a look at the skirt and the matching tee shirt. Both are super unique. And the hoodie is not bad too (still stand by the hoodie from the prior release).

As for what else I saw there: CDG Shirt has a collab with KAWS. There’s a tailored blazer that is made out of the same Cotton from a hoodie. Inside is lined with KAWS pattern. Great looking piece. $1,410. No thanks!
Last edited by Gucci on Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:56 pm

Or there's /r/fashionreps for some things too... Like that Kaws collab you mentioned. There's nothing about that shirt worth 1400. I'll find some Chinese dude selling fakes on WeChat for 1/100th the cost lol. I don't currently own any fakes (other than a fake Bape wall clock) but I definitely don't mind buying them for brands I don't collect.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:18 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:Or there's /r/fashionreps for some things too... Like that Kaws collab you mentioned. There's nothing about that shirt worth 1400. I'll find some Chinese dude selling fakes on WeChat for 1/100th the cost lol. I don't currently own any fakes (other than a fake Bape wall clock) but I definitely don't mind buying them for brands I don't collect.

I’m all for getting fakes for super expensive, super limited, hyped up, astronomically expensive pieces. Despite my user name, I don’t own anything from Gucci. I do know that The North Face X Gucci collection had a regular plain Jane hoodie that they were charging $1400 for. A plain T-shirt was $650. Fashionreps all the way for shit like that.

For the Sacai hoodie I mentioned before: I’m guessing it’ll be hard to find a rep of that. Probably because of that splicing of materials thing they got going on.

Funny enough though there is a “rep” version of that hoodie: two collabs ago, Sacai and Nike released a much cheaper version of that design. Literally the same exact style. The material quality was wildly different but the style was the same. $660 vs $275. Still expensive but much more affordable.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:19 pm

Decided to keep the Neighborhood x Porter notebook holder i got, to stick in my man purse. Figure it'll help me keep up with assignments this semester. Plus it's fun to flex with literally every item I use :lol:

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:09 am

Man purses, Fanny packs, and chest rigs are great to have during the summer. Even with a pair of cargo shorts, storage space is very limited during the hot months.

I have a North Face hip pack. Can’t remember the name but I wear it with the pack facing behind me. It’s got a bottle slot and a couple of storage compartments. Also have a chest rig from them too. Perfect for bike riding because I’m always worried that my phone/wallet would fall out of my pockets.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:00 am

I basically always have a 32oz Brita water bottle with me. Half the reason I carry a bag is for it :lol:

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:01 pm

I have a thing for out there designed tee shirts. Not so much an image on the shirt like tie dye or something else. More along the lines of design cut.

I have two tees: one I had for awhile and one that just came in.

The grey tee is just a plain looking tee with no design on it. But as you can see, it’s got an actual hoodie on it with draw string too! I’ve seen something like this before but it’s usually built into the collar and it’s single layer and super cheap looking. This is closer to a light sweatshirt hoodie. It’s top heavy.

The brown shirt is a Nike Undercover collab where it’s got a kangaroo pocket and a zip on both sides going upon to the pit area. Never seen a shirt with a kangaroo pocket. Chest pocket sure, but not that.

SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:15 pm

Decided to UNDS the shirt from my copy of the Cowboy Bebop PS2 game today, as the game released 16 years ago today. I'll post a fit pic later.

My BST Thread
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:29 pm

I mostly wear Puma suede sneakers because they're colorful and cheap, just like me. They sometimes do brand collaborations, and they recently did one with Kool-Aid, of all things. I thought they were a pretty blue color unlike any I already had, so I bought them even though the coveted Kool-Aid brand pumped the price up by 20 bucks or so. Oh, yeah!

marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:39 pm

Those shoes look awesome! Color is great and it’s rare to get nice thick laces like that.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever