Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Fashion Thread

by Note Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:25 pm

Gucci wrote:Got any Steep Tech pieces? I went crazy with the October 2020 capsule. Apogee jacket, vest, pants, Denali like pullover, Nuptse like down jacket, and even the chest rig. All in that Burnt Olive and Evergreen colorway.

Edit: what drew me to North Face was the Nuptse during the NYC craze the late 90s to early 2000s. I still have my jacket that’s about 17 years old. But I have to say that the Steep Tech was something I couldn’t afford growing up but wished to have. That’s kinda why I went a little crazy late last year.

And despite the username and the love for TNF, the Gucci x TNF line was over the top in pricing. I can’t do $650 for a tee shirt and $1,400 for a hoodie.

Yeah, I do have a few vintage Steep Tech jackets from the early 90's. I don't recall the exact years they're from, but they're Scot Schmidt designed jackets. I'm a big fan of that line from TNF. I totally missed the rerelease however, but if I was able to get the jacket with the yellow hits or the fleece pullover, I would pick those up.

TNF was a big brand growing up for me as well, definitely have a lot of nostalgia for their jackets and backpacks from that 90's era, so I'm glad some of the items are finally being rereleased.

I'm also hoping they begin to reissue certain backpacks they had out back then too, as I've been trying to get my hands on an early black Hot Shot in good condition for about a decade now. I don't really collect their bags, but that was my favorite model and I had one when I was young.

In regards to quality, my items from the late 80's throughout the 90's have lasted, so it was well made back then. One of my Steep Techs has some flaking, but it's not bad for a jacket of that age. I've had that happen to a new jacket I purchased around 2011, so I guess it takes a few years before you can really judge the materials.

I have some of the rereleased Mountain Lights and a Nuptse, so we'll have to see how well they last.
Last edited by Note on Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:30 pm

End Clothing with 15% off sale prices. https://www.endclothing.com/us/catalogsearch/results?page=1&q=Steep%20tech
You have some yellow pieces in there.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:39 pm

Gucci wrote:End Clothing with 15% off sale prices. https://www.endclothing.com/us/catalogsearch/results?page=1&q=Steep%20tech
You have some yellow pieces in there.

Appreciate that! This is one of my favorite websites to get clothes from. Lol.

The grey/yellow pullover fleece and tee are pretty tempting. Hopefully I can come across the grey/yellow Apogee jacket eventually too.

prfsnl_gmr wrote:The guy on the right is wearing an Arcteryx jacket. Those are really nice. Much nicer than North Face.

Arcteryx definitely has some nice stuff! I don't own any of their jackets but one of my friends is an Arcteryx collector. He uses their stuff for snowboarding and is an avid biker too, and the items seemed to have lasted through his active lifestyle.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:43 pm

I can’t remember the reason but the apogee in that specific colorway was super difficult to get. The vests, and fleece stuff was everywhere. Hell, even the pants were but not the jacket.

Here is some of the pieces in the same colorway: https://imgur.com/a/KM7Sntl
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Minor update: I found the Neighborhood x Porter notebook on yahoo japan auctions for 6,900 yen. I paid 3.11+shipping for that and a bunch of other small items (including bape) that came with it in the lot... score!
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:30 am

Not bad for something unique like that!

So Nike just put up the listings for the Nike x Sacai clothing for the olympics. Not really feeling it. I liked the prior set of hoodies because it combined two completely different materials where it truly was a sweat shirt hoodie mixed with an MA-1 bomber jacket. It also was a much cheaper version of Sacai’s own version of that design concept.

This one take the same concept but the inner panels doesn’t really do it for me. I don’t know…
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:57 pm

Y'all should check out @macwithpacks2 on Instagram. He's making some really cool high quality bootleg bapestas. Just released a couple pokemon ones and has a new Mewtwo one coming out soon. Gilfgavin is also making some pretty cool stuff, and has had a few pairs of bootleg shoes.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:13 pm

Gucci wrote:I can’t remember the reason but the apogee in that specific colorway was super difficult to get. The vests, and fleece stuff was everywhere. Hell, even the pants were but not the jacket.

Here is some of the pieces in the same colorway: https://imgur.com/a/KM7Sntl

That's interesting, I wonder if for some reason there were less made in that colorway or if it was just in higher demand. I feel like that grey, black, and yellow colorway from the Steep Tech line is pretty iconic, maybe more people gravitated towards it.

Nice pick-ups from that collection, especially like the fleece pullover.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:30 pm

Not too sure but if I had to take a guess: that colorway was in all of the promotional material when articles were going around back in September and October last year. A few fashion sites were running articles with that yellow/grey/black colorway on all of the models.

Regardless I wish you luck on your quest. Don’t bother going to the flagship in the city. They have not a single Steep Tech piece. Not even the recently released rain set.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:28 pm

Gucci wrote:Not too sure but if I had to take a guess: that colorway was in all of the promotional material when articles were going around back in September and October last year. A few fashion sites were running articles with that yellow/grey/black colorway on all of the models.

Regardless I wish you luck on your quest. Don’t bother going to the flagship in the city. They have not a single Steep Tech piece. Not even the recently released rain set.

I managed to come across one slightly under retail but unfortunately not in my size. I'm sure it'll pop up eventually, especially when the next hot item comes around this winter and people who purchased one want to move on to the next thing.

Coincidentally, I walked past the TNF flagship in midtown today, but the promotional display is all for their duffel bags and considering it's out of season, I didn't bother dropping in.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever