Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Fashion Thread

by PretentiousHipster Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:46 am

Too impatient for a tattoo so I'm going to get a very small Myst related tattoo in 2 weeks on the space on my outer wrist. It'll be my birth year in the D'ni numerical system.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:01 pm

I’m into socks now. Well I was always into socks as I have a pretty tight collection of Nike crew socks.

I picked up some clearanced out Sacai socks: https://imgur.com/a/JDzIbgN
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:47 pm

I need to get some ankle socks, I feel weird wearing long socks with shorts.

Also posted a bunch of stuff on grailed today. Hoping it all sells quick, but we will see. Had a dude already try to lowball me on the Bape x Pepsi bandana :roll:

I've got that Neighborhood memo holder posted on there and part of me really wants to get a nice pen and pad and stick it in my man purse I carry around, seems like it would be really handy. If it doesn't sell I might just do that.

Speaking of man purses- I started rocking one a few months ago and I absolutely recommend it.
https://tokyolaundry.com/products/tokyo ... bag-in-red
This is the one I carry. I've never heard of this brand before and found it on grailed. I think i paid like $30 for mine and I love the thing.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:31 pm

On a completely separate note- I've been trying to get the .mp3s for every album/song released under the Bape/ Ape Sounds label. Just found an album I've been searching for everywhere online to no avail- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYW3K1G ... V3&index=4

I already have her self titled release. Still have about 1/2 the labels releases on discogs to go.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:21 pm

I generally wear long socks during the winter and usually with boots. All other times, it’s no show socks.

Sock classification is kinda weird depending on brand. I mainly buy from Nike for socks. They have no-show socks that sit under the ankle bone, then ankle socks that are above that bone but sometimes a little higher, then regular long socks that are like the ones I got (just not as nice as those).

Then you got extremes from both those ends. Anyway, if you’re looking for recommendations, Nike has running socks that I use. They come in three or four different colors including a couple of super bright highlighter colors.
marurun

by marurun Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:01 pm

I like ankle socks that are closer to quarter crew all times of year.

Like than man bag. I have one I bought in Tokyo in 1998 and it is still in awesome shape, though in size it is very much a man purse and not a messenger bag. It was to hold my portable CD player.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:25 pm

Ankle socks are good mix of both ends of the sock spectrum.

Yes I nerd out with socks. I get into materials used, what they are used for, if they have reflective elements, etc.

I don’t have a lot of white socks. I like black socks or bright ass colored ones. I have shoes with see through panels that I can have fun with different colored socks.

And yeah I’m one of those guys who wear slides with socks. Though in my defense the socks are no show and it complements these slides nicely: https://www.kicksonfire.com/app/nike-asuna-crater-slide-platinum-tint-black-volt
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:55 am

Gucci wrote:I’m into socks now. Well I was always into socks as I have a pretty tight collection of Nike crew socks.

I picked up some clearanced out Sacai socks: https://imgur.com/a/JDzIbgN

Nice pick-up on these socks! I haven't grabbed any fun or nicer socks in a while, as the ones I got a few years ago I seemed to destroy pretty quickly. Lol.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:00 am

SamuraiMegas wrote:Speaking of man purses- I started rocking one a few months ago and I absolutely recommend it.
https://tokyolaundry.com/products/tokyo ... bag-in-red
This is the one I carry. I've never heard of this brand before and found it on grailed. I think i paid like $30 for mine and I love the thing.

Never heard of this brand, appreciate the info. When I was still commuting to work I would use a laptop bag every day, but since I don't need to bring as much stuff around with me anymore when I go out, I ended up getting a North Face waist pack. Took me some time to get used to wearing it, but I've grown to really like it.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:04 am

Just wanted to share some tees I picked up this summer! Grabbed a few tees from the art collective turned streetwear brand, Irak. I had some items from them in the early 2000s, but their brand went dormant for about 15 years, so was glad to see they relaunched it. Also grabbed a tee from the paint and marker company Krink.

I also really like all over print/sublimated print tees. I didn't pick up any this summer, but wanted to share a few I got over the years. The first one is from Patta, and the other two are from Go Slow Caravan.

Down the line, when I have a bit more time, I'd like to dig up and share some of the older streetwear tees and rap tees I've got.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever