Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Gucci
64-bit

Re: Fashion Thread

by Gucci Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:10 pm

Their leather coats and bombers are really nice quality stuff. Also made right in NJ like the peacoats. Personally I can’t do leather. I always feel too restricted in anything leather.

If you’re looking for something that you could pull off in a business type setting, you can try for an all black rain coat. One made from polyester for actual rain protection and still look presentable.

Just do a search for “black business raincoat” or some other color.
I own too many hoodies jackets hoodies and DS games and I’m not ashamed!
marurun

by marurun Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:02 pm

Gucci wrote:Their leather coats and bombers are really nice quality stuff. Also made right in NJ like the peacoats. Personally I can’t do leather. I always feel too restricted in anything leather.

If you’re looking for something that you could pull off in a business type setting, you can try for an all black rain coat. One made from polyester for actual rain protection and still look presentable.

Just do a search for “black business raincoat” or some other color.

Or spot for a nice oilcloth trench.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:49 pm

Appreciate the suggestions Gucci and marurun! While searching online, I found a few coats I'm considering. I'm still working from home for the time being, so I probably won't need it for any work settings -- even before the pandemic, the dress code at my office was pretty casual.

But I am picky about how clothes fit, so I might consider purchasing it from a local store. Either way, I'll keep you all updated on what I get.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:13 pm

With SoHo and Nolita (just east of SoHo — between Bowery and Lafayette), you have a good few dozen stores! I mean, it’s window shopping to the max!
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:28 pm

Definitely! I got my last suit at J Crew in the Soho area. They have a few coats that I think fit the bill. I'll probably end up going their first. The prices are a bit high, but some of the less expensive stores in the area that I'm familiar with, such as Uniqlo, don't seem to have a good selection when it came to these types of coats.
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:34 pm

This morning I went to Schott NYC’s factory sale in Union NJ. I picked up some banger pieces for very little money. All four for $130.

Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:31 pm

So winter is upon us. Days are getting colder. Time to crack out some hoodies and coats!

Recently got a meaty pullover hoodie from The North Face Black Series:
Super bright color! Those black panels are actually ballistic nylon. They are probably slash-proof. Probably not :lol:
marurun

by marurun Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:39 pm

Gucci wrote:Those black panels are actually ballistic nylon. They are probably slash-proof. Probably not :lol:

This is one of those cases where it's better not to test in the field.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:09 pm

Wore my Bape hoodie today (I'll edit in a pic later) and the damn hood doesn't fit my head right! Almost no hoods actually fit right (especially due to to my long hair)... feels dumb walking around in a $200 hoodie that doesn't sit right :lol: still by far the comfiest and warmest hoodie I own though.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Gucci
64-bit

by Gucci Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:12 pm

marurun wrote:
Gucci wrote:Those black panels are actually ballistic nylon. They are probably slash-proof. Probably not :lol:

This is one of those cases where it's better not to test in the field.

I’m going to fully agree with you on this one.

SamuraiMegas wrote:Wore my Bape hoodie today (I'll edit in a pic later) and the damn hood doesn't fit my head right! Almost no hoods actually fit right (especially due to to my long hair)... feels dumb walking around in a $200 hoodie that doesn't sit right :lol: still by far the comfiest and warmest hoodie I own though.

Is that the hoodie with the zip that goes all the way up? I hear those types have smaller than average hood because of that zip. I don’t have one so I’m not sure.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever