Post by Ziggy »

RIP Boxx

2004 ~ 2021

Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Rest in Peace, Boxx (My Cat)

Post by Nemoide »

RIP
She was clearly a special little friend. It's always sad to see the heartbreak that comes when pets meet their end
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I'm sorry to hear that buddy though I'm glad she wasn't in poor health for long.

I had to take Benny away because Boxx would hold him in her mouth and do this whining meow in the middle of the night and wake me up.

One of my cats does this sometimes! We can get him to stop if we praise him for being a good hunter. He also does this chirping thing when we load the dishwasher. Something about the clanking of the dishes and silverware sets him off. I've never had such a "vocal" cat. All the other cats we had only meowed when they were hungry or got locked in a room alone.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

bmoc wrote:
I had to take Benny away because Boxx would hold him in her mouth and do this whining meow in the middle of the night and wake me up.

One of my cats does this sometimes! We can get him to stop if we praise him for being a good hunter. He also does this chirping thing when we load the dishwasher. Something about the clanking of the dishes and silverware sets him off. I've never had such a "vocal" cat. All the other cats we had only meowed when they were hungry or got locked in a room alone.

My one cat also sometimes does that, though she never wakes me up. Usually it's that she has her favorite toy in her mouth and goes "ah ah ah" until she finds me and lays it down near me.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The toy in mouth “come play with me” call. I’ve heard that plenty. Another cat we had used to go hide somewhere like in a closet and then mew piteously until we found him. I think it was a test to ensure we still loved him.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Sorry, Ziggy. I'm sure Boxx was happy to have you just as much as you were to have her.
Note
Next-Gen

Post by Note »

Sorry for your loss, Ziggy. It's so tough to lose a pet.

That plaque you mentioned sounds like a really nice idea.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

I'm so sorry to hear about Boxx, Ziggy. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet, especially one who has helped you through tough times. Losing my pet rabbit 15 years ago was very hard for me for that very reason. Some people don't understand that, but those who have had that experience do.

Your idea for a memorial or a marker sounds great. Throwing yourself into a creative project to honor your friend can help a lot.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

So sorry to hear of your loss. I'm not good with words about grief, but being a cat owner most of my life, I cannot say anything that might lessen the loss of a family member. I've seen more pictures of your cat than you to know what prominence she had in your family life. Thinking about my past companions. I am sad.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
opa
128-bit

Post by opa »

RIP
Sorry to hear. Always sad to lose the tiny members of your family.