Macross finally returning to the west

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Macross finally returning to the west

Post by marurun »

Good news in the world. Harmony Gold and Big West have settled their long-standing issues and Macross will finally be allowed to return to the wider world. This is assuming Harmony Gold doesn't fuck with the stuff that gets brought over...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... 99e9dc1ad8
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Re: Macross finally returning to the west

Post by Nemoide »

Nothing is certain just yet, but there's hope and that's enough for me! Macross is my #1 all-time favorite anime series and the fact that the movie Do You Remember Love? (the high-point of the series) hasn't been released in the US in any capacity within the last 30 years feels like a great injustice. People deserve to see that movie! I would gladly buy that movie for a third time, make sure my library gets a copy, and maybe even buy extras to give to friends.

I'd also love a release of Macross Frontier, which I know was a pretty popular series and along with Macross Zero is the only Macross I haven't seen. I own all of Macross 7 on Japanese laserdisc but would love the chance to own it with subtitles. I want any non-Robotech Macross I can get my hands on!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Macross finally returning to the west

Post by Gunstar Green »

As long as I can finally get a Do You Remember Love? blu-ray I'll be happy.