Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Re: Toy Collectors- Do you still play with your toys?

Post by Raging Justice »

You know one thing I love about transformers as well as any robot/mecha figures or toys?

Easy to get them to stand up, because they have wide feet and bulky bodies. With GI Joes, Power Rangers, and action figures in general, I frequently have the figures falling over...and sometimes knocking over other figures in the process. I've even had some fall off of a shelf and land on the floor. That drives me crazy. I get all paranoid about something breaking or scratching. They won't stay still in some poses, and weapons or capes are often so heavy that it makes it impossible to keep the figures standing. Now, I know you can solve this with stands. I've actually bought a few, but I find that fix a bit annoying. I can put my Mega Man X or Optimus Prime in any position and they will stay in that position, no stands required. Even when I get other action figures to stand in the pose I want, typically after a certain number of days go by they fall over, as if gravity has been slowly working on them until finally pulling them down days after I posed them.

This may be one of the reasons some people prefer statues in static poses over action figures. Statues are built to stay standing, like this guy for example:

and they already come pre posed for your convenience :lol:
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I can't decide whether or not I should splurge on this. I've always wanted to have high quality versions of everyone in the animated Transformers movie. He looks great and is getting great reviews, but he is just a tad pricey

The pics are from here where someone did a detailed review:

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/ ... s.1253250/
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

Sorry to keep posting, but it's not my fault the thread isn't that active.

It's a marvelous time to be an 80s kid. There are some new He-Man figures coming out now specifically based on the 80s cartoon

Masters of The Universe Origins Cartoon TEELA Filmation

The pictures don't seem to do this one justice, so I'll post some youtube links by people who have the figure in hand. Of particular note is the face sculpt, which looks amazing, but you can't tell from pictures online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fL8sr_NYl74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAEgfj0_OjA
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

I got one of those Iron Golems from Ghibli's Castle In The Sky movie and I would have fucking loved this thing as a kid. Bendy arms and an awesome sculpt for like $30.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

I swear I have the worst luck. The first Power Rangers figure I pre-ordered since the Hasbro takeover (so lightning collection onwards) was delayed for a month or more after the shop I ordered from was burgled and stock was stolen.

Now, today, I learn of this particular issue. I have had this Flame Toys bad boy (above) pre-ordered for over a year. I have been super excited for it, I just paid off my balance as it was due in this week, was really looking forward to it and then the shop I ordered it through post this update... (below) and they explain it is mostly their pre-order stock they got in this week that has been affected and customers will receive a solution over the next week. I am hoping and praying my pre-order isn't affected.

I just can't believe they didn't store stock on pallets in the event of flooding issues. They had a burst pipe, as a result of the water board attempting to fit a metre. I really hope they can sort it out with their insurance and it doesn't impact them too badly.

Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

That sucks.

When you pay good money for something you don't don't want to hear about something like this.

Funny enough, there was an awesome local toy/video game store I used to go to just a few years ago and they got flooded too. It didn't impact them too badly though. They just had to shut down for like a week
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Yeah, I am sure it will be ok. Worst case scenario is either I am contacted, my item is ruined because of the flood and they will offer me a full refund as all their allocated stock is gone and no more will be available. Or they can order more, but it will take several weeks/months. That's probably the worse, which would suck, but then I wouldn't necessarily complain about having £390 ( :oops: ) back in my account.

It's just annoying when you have been looking forward to something, particularly something that you pre-ordered a billion years ago and then the place you ordered from, the week they were due to get the item in, post photos of their warehouse flooded.
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

It's finally here... Another ultimate Dino Megazord, even though I had sworn I would never buy another after getting the SoC one (and I still bought the ZAP one after that) :lol:

Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

Ugh this is so convoluted, over-engineered, complicated and time consuming to combine. It literally took me nearly three hours.

Don't think I'll be taking it apart any time soon :lol: