GT Racing gaming chairs - lots of money for lots of suck

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

GT Racing gaming chairs - lots of money for lots of suck

Post by marurun »

Hi all. I am sad to say I have a scathing review to share with you today. My experience with the GT Racing company was frustrating enough I thought it was worth sharing, especially given some of the positive press the company's chairs are getting from some online gaming folks (free chairs and responsive support will encourage positive reviews).

Back in early January I purchased a gaming chair from GT Racing. I purchased one of their "luxury" models because they support heavier folks. When it arrived the PPU material on the seat was damaged so I had to contact them to request a replacement seat. They always replied promptly to my emails, but the answer was always something along the lines of "We are very busy moving chairs, please wait and we will encourage the warehouse to send one as soon as possible." This went on for almost two months, and I finally told them that their lack of ability to provide me with an undamaged chair meant I needed a return label so I could send the chair back for a refund. After a couple weeks of this they finally sent me the seat yesterday, after already agreeing to send me a return label. I put the chair together last night. It's.... not particularly comfortable. It sits a bit too tall for someone with short legs. Also, the front of the seat is raised a bit. The back of the chair reclines quite a bit but can be locked in place, but even when it locks it has several inches of travel, so I can't actually get the seat back to be fully upright (90 degrees to the seat) because leaning back into it pushes it back a little.

I think if you're a tall, lanky teen or 20-something you might like this chair, but if you're an adult who needs a comfortable and supportive chair, this ain't it. And even if this chair were comfortable, my experience with the company should put you off from buying one of their product.

Oh, and hey, I reviewed the chair (and the company) on their web site, but the review isn't showing up. Seems suspicious. I think they probably don't post any reviews that aren't 4 or 5 stars. So don't believe the star ratings, either.

Here's what I purchased. Don't buy it.

https://gtracing.com/products/luxury-se ... 0500327504
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Re: GT Racing gaming chairs - lots of money for lots of suck

Post by Ziggy »

That sucks, but thanks for sharing the feedback.

As I think you know, I made a thread asking for advice on a chair (IIRC you posted in that thread). Deciding to spend more money on something to get a better product is one thing, but it's that much worse when that product is a huge let down. I still haven't decided what I want to do for a replacement chair. Let me know if you find something good!