Daft Punk is splitsville

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Daft Punk is splitsville

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I think there is still a chance of one more album- coming very soon, if at all. Something about the farewell video feels off for Daft Punk.

Now that I know Bangalter has wrestled with severe tinnitus and hearing problems, it makes a great deal of sense for them to split. It's not that they don't get along, it's that one of them simply cannot do this any longer. I suspect Homem-Christo will continue making music, and I wouldn't rule out Bangalter periodically making more music as well, but with them not being equally able to participate ending Daft Punk is probably appropriate. The video actually seems to represent that situation pretty well.

The video was surprisingly powerful for such little action/no dialogue not to mention no actual facial expressions.
Completely accomplished the mood/message while staying on brand. Remarkable.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

racketboy wrote:
marurun wrote:
SamuraiMegas wrote:I think there is still a chance of one more album- coming very soon, if at all. Something about the farewell video feels off for Daft Punk.

Now that I know Bangalter has wrestled with severe tinnitus and hearing problems, it makes a great deal of sense for them to split. It's not that they don't get along, it's that one of them simply cannot do this any longer. I suspect Homem-Christo will continue making music, and I wouldn't rule out Bangalter periodically making more music as well, but with them not being equally able to participate ending Daft Punk is probably appropriate. The video actually seems to represent that situation pretty well.

The video was surprisingly powerful for such little action/no dialogue not to mention no actual facial expressions.
Completely accomplished the mood/message while staying on brand. Remarkable.

The cinematography was fantastic- but it wasn't anything new, which was I why I feel like it's weird for Daft Punk. It's a clip from their movie Electroma, and not new footage. It's part of the reason I feel like something is coming- reusing their old movie footage a few days from when Discovery turns 20.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Dont get your hopes up, it is unlikely anything will be released in the near future. Daft Punk was like the Beastie Boys, they did things their way and on their schedule.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Since it's been viral recently, here's a picture Daft Punk performing live in 1993(?) without their helmets.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage