2021 New Years Resolutions

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Golgo 14
128-bit

Re: 2021 New Years Resolutions

Post by Golgo 14 »

Golgo 14 wrote:I'm keeping it simple this year, and just resolving to kill the Batman.

Thus far, I've failed. If anything there are more Batmen than ever. :(
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Start small. Go after Robin first. I know it's not the same and that it's not original. And if you succeed, maybe take on the lower level Titans.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

Good advice. Thanks!
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Seeing as we're at the halfway mark, let's share our results so far.

REPO Man wrote:* Read more

Not MORE but I've been reading, but only graphic novels. I have, however, read the English translation of the controversial (for its time) German play Spring Awakening.

REPO Man wrote:* Actually do some writing

Started strong a few months ago starting with my King of the Hill fanfiction, but I stalled shortly after once work started picking up.

REPO Man wrote:* Hopefully take a trip out of town

If I can get my license we'll see. I'll have to wait until after I'm considered fully vaccinated. I get my second shot in two days and then I've got three weeks until I'm considered fully vaccinated.

REPO Man wrote:* Build a bookshelf. My current one has run out of room and can't be flush with the wall due the molding all g the bottom of the wall. I also have to take into account my needs, the footprint, and the wall outlet.

Not a bookshelf, but I have built a media shelf. Still gotta build a real bookshelf, something preferably twice as tall as my current one, which is around 32" tall.

REPO Man wrote:* Build an arcade cabinet, probably using my PlayStation Classic as the computer. Really wanna make a four player cabinet, preferably with a rotating monitor for vertical-oriented games.

My PS Classic is effectively dead AF, but I could probably use a cheap Android TV stick (Walmart has one for $25 and a slightly better model for $30).

REPO Man wrote:* Host a Sunday brunch. It's combine my love for cooking and my desires to be more social and to show my capability of hosting a social event.
* Host a movie night. Like above, but incorporate my love for cinema and my desire to share my interests with my family and friends (when I get some) and leave my love for cooking as a possibility.
* Host a game night, which would hopefully give me a chance to share my favorite board games with my family and friends and give me people to play them with in the future.

Given my current schedule and the fact that my niece does dance cheer four nights a week (my mom drives her up there), along with everyone else's schedules, tastes, and so on, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

REPO Man wrote:* Try wearing bowties.

No real headway there.

REPO Man wrote:* Cook more.

Maybe when things slow down.

REPO Man wrote:* Hopefully move to NYC.

Hopefully. If this does happen, anyone in NYC got a couch I can crash on for a few nights? I'll help out where and when I can.
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

Well, it's official.

2021 has pretty much been a bust.

Anyone else make any headway with their 2021 Resolutions?
Limewater
Next-Gen

Post by Limewater »

REPO Man wrote:Well, it's official.

2021 has pretty much been a bust.

Anyone else make any headway with their 2021 Resolutions?

I enhanced knowledge. I grabbed new thing.

Merry Christmas.
Systems: TI-99/4a, Commodore Vic-20, Atari 2600, NES, SMS, GB, Neo Geo MVS (Big Red 4-slot), Genesis, SNES, 3DO, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GBA, GCN, NDSi, Wii
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

Post by Raging Justice »

I'm making a resolution now, and that resolution is...to make resolutions for 2022