Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

MERRY CHRISTMAS (2020) - What did you do/get?

by Ziggy587 Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:00 pm

Merry Christmas, Racketboy forum!

2020 has been a very strange and difficult year for most people. For that reason, I thought it would be nice to have a Christmas thread that we can try and spread some cheer with. Feel free to mention if your plans are altered or affected by the pandemic, but let's not dwell on negative things in this thread. If you want to talk about the pandemic specifically, there's a thread for that. In this thread, let's try to be MERRY!

So... What's everyone doing for Christmas and New Years? Is there something in particular you're hoping to get from Santa this year? Is there something you got for someone that you're excited to give? Any nostalgic video game memories to share? If you're busy today and tomorrow, feel free to post over the weekend what you did on Christmas. And be sure to post if you got any cool gifts from Santa!

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

Re: Christmas 2020 - What are you doing?

by Ziggy587 Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Like most people are probably doing, I'm having a small Christmas this year. I'm spending Christmas Eve with just my parents. And I'm spending Christmas day with my parents, my brother and his wife. We're having good food, and I'm sure it'll be good times.

I posted in the "look what I made" thread that I made a tree skirt for my mother to match her color scheme.

Anyone hoping to get anything video game related from Santa this year?

I'm not expecting anything. but who knows. Usually I'll get something video game related for my brother, but this year I decided not to because he's been working so much I figure he wouldn't even have time to use it. For his birthday earlier this year I got him some games on GOG. He mentioned he wanted to get a PC controller. So I was thinking about getting him one, but decided not to.

I almost got myself a video game present, but I think it wont arrive until after Christmas. On Black Friday, I bought an Everdrive 64 X7 on sale from the official Everdrive store. Well, that ships from Ukraine and it hasn't arrived yet. I just checked the tracking this morning it and finally arrived in NY yesterday afternoon. But it'll probably be a few more days for it to make it through customs and finally to me. It would have been nice to get it today, it would have been a pseudo Christmas gift LOL, but I doubt it'll come today.

Anyone have any good memories of getting video games for Christmas?

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Ack

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS (2020) - What are you doing?

by Ack Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:18 pm

I'm eating a sandwich at the moment.

However, my wife and I have most of our presents wrapped and dinner/breakfast all planned out. The first of my Steam gifts has already gone to my brother in Shanghai. We will get up tomorrow, open gifts, enjoy breakfast, and have a lovely video chat with her parents and then likely my mom.

So, in the spirit of the season: Happy Hanukkah, folks!
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:37 pm

At home. Very relaxing this year since we aren’t hosting Christmas dinner. Presents are all wrapped, and all of our cooking for tomorrow is done. (We’ll be having Lobster Newburg, a salad, mince pie, blueberry pie, and steam pudding. My wife is from Maine, and we have a very New England Christmas dinner.) I finished all of the laundry and all the cleaning from my wife’s cooking, and I made a quick trip to the store for a few last-minute needs.

Tonight, I’m going to copy over a bit more of my NES collection, play Bare Knuckle III with my son for a bit, make pizzas, and watch It’s a Wonderful Life with my family. Tomorrow, we’ll have cranberry bread for breakfast, open some presents, have a brief socially-distanced gift exchange with my parents and my parents-in-law, and then eat Christmas dinner. After that, we may watch Wonder Woman 1984. Should be fun!

EDIT: I’ll update if I get any unique video gaming presents tomorrow.
opa
64-bit

by opa Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:34 pm

We did a social-distance gift exchange with my in-laws today. We'll do the same with my side tomorrow. A lot of people have been exposed so we don't want any part of that of we can help it.

Doesn't really feel like Christmas but it actually is snowing right now so that'll be nice to look at tomorrow.

Hope y'all have a good holiday!
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Dec 25, 2020 8:43 am

It snowed here last week and we got around a foot. It's been cold, so the snow stayed on the ground. It's always nice having snow for Christmas, but yesterday it warmed up to around 50 degrees and the snow started melting. Then it started raining last night, and it's suppose to continue raining today. It's already 50 degrees right now, and it's suppose to go up to 60. So, a warm and rainy Christmas. How very 2020.

A couple of days ago I ended up walking around the town of Port Jefferson. For those that don't know, it's actually a very nice town (and expensive). I meant to just stop into a game shop (not video games, board games and such) real quick, but where I parked was further from the shop than I realized. And then on top of that, the shop had moved since I last visited it (about 10 years ago) so I had to walk around a bit more to find the new location. But it was nice. It wasn't too cold out. And Port Jef gets all decked out for Christmas with wreaths on the lamp posts and garland strung across the streets. So I got to admire that AND with snow on the ground.

I'm actually a little disappointed because if I knew I was going to be walking around a bit I would have brought my camera. It's a really nice looking town, and it doesn't always snow in December so it was perfect to get pictures of how it's decorated for Christmas. Oh well, maybe next year it'll snow in December and I can go back.

SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:14 pm

Here is my Christmas:
I got the Drizit 25th-anniversary book (the first three books in one)and a bottle of Knob Creek.
My wife got a new updated Fitbit and some clothing.
My oldest son got a USB steering wheel/pedal combo for PC and XBOX
My second oldest son got a Switch (Black Friday Mario Kart 8 one)
My oldest Daughter got a giant dragon chair (It's huge!) and Pokemon Sun Ultra
My second Daughter got a 2DS and Nintendogs
My youngest daughter got a teddy bear and Paw Patrol toys

We got about 10 inches of snow overnight, WHITE CHRISMAS!, we already shoveled the drive and played outside for a while too.

Next dinner and then we crash...

Merry Christmas everyone!
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:03 pm

Christmas plans came through. Only thing left tonight is a “dinner” that will consist entirely of desserts. My family is exceptionally fortunate, and we have lots of great gifts. For the purposes of my post, however, I received: Luigi’s Mansion 3, Yoshi’s Crafted World, and a TG16 Mini. (Yes!) My daughter also got Just Dance 2021.
Ack

by Ack Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:42 pm

SpaceBooger, what are your thoughts on the Knob Creek? My father-in-law enjoys it, and I am thinking of picking myself up a bottle.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Normally the regular is my "top shelf" choice. It's got a nice strong flavor but smooth to drink straight or on the rocks. I prefer this straight because the taste. It is my favorite.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever