Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Should we add a "like" feature to the forum?

by marurun Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:30 am

One other forum I am on has the ability to like posts (just says who liked it and stores the info on a per-post basis). There’s no reputation system or karma or anything. And liking isn’t anonymous. It’s also not very frequently used, interestingly enough. But I agree. If there are ways to incentivize posting that’s the way to go.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

by Gunstar Green Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:00 pm

marurun wrote:One other forum I am on has the ability to like posts (just says who liked it and stores the info on a per-post basis). There’s no reputation system or karma or anything. And liking isn’t anonymous. It’s also not very frequently used, interestingly enough. But I agree. If there are ways to incentivize posting that’s the way to go.

That's how Doomworld works and it seems to be fine.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:27 pm

Yeah, there's a forum I browse that has a like system similar to that as well and it works ok. Strangely tho, people there give likes AND reply. Here, we have a situation where people are reading but not posting. Adding a like feature wouldn't help with that, in fact it may make it worse.

My Sale Thread - PRICES REDUCED! I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever