Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
cha cha
128-bit

Returning to RB after many years

by cha cha Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:02 pm

Hello, I was here for a bit, then gone for awhile.

Long story short, I will be moving out of country (US to Canada) soon and don't plan to lug my sizeable VG collection with me.

My question: Is there any reaffirmation/vetting process I need to go through to open a buy/sell thread here again? I don't expect a bunch of traffic as i know the forum is kinda dead, but I had a lot of positive experiences buying and selling here in the past and would rather help people I know and trust get dibs on my stuff rather than online randoms who will open disputes and chargebacks to try and scam me every 3 transactions on ebay and such lol.

Thanks!
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Returning to RB after many years

by bmoc Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:45 pm

Welcome back!

As for your question, the main requirement is to have an account that is at least 2 weeks old. You should be good there. You can view the full list of rules here viewtopic.php?f=22&t=44513

The buy/sell threads don't get the love they once did but I'm glad you are giving us dibs. I'm curious to see what you have to offer. Good luck with your sales.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:51 pm

Welcome back!

No, there's nothing you would have to do before listing items for sale in the BST section. Your account is 7 years old, you have nearly 1,000 posts, and you have 5 positive feedbacks from past transactions.

The forums might be a lot slower these days compared to what they use to be, but there still is decent traffic. I recently started to part with 75% of my collection, and like you I'm selling things here first before going to eBay. I had a surprising amount of people contact me. It turns out that there's a lot of people that browse the forums but just don't post. So although the forums are slower compared to years past, and although the BST doesn't have the same activity that it use to, you might still be able to offload quite a bit. Don't expect to be able to liquidate everything here, I've only sold a fraction of what I've listed, but my point is there's more activity than you think.

Anyway, good luck with your sales and your move. And I hope you stick around the forums!

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

Mod & Repair Services - For Racketboy members only. I can mod and repair items, build custom items, and more!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
PretentiousHipster
128-bit

by PretentiousHipster Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:00 pm

Ah, future fellow Canadian. Hope the change in winter won't be the worst.
cha cha
128-bit

by cha cha Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:04 pm

Thanks for the wb, yea I wasn't sure if there was unspoken selling rules for mysterious people from a distant past just appearing out of nowhere ;)

PretentiousHipster wrote:Ah, future fellow Canadian. Hope the change in winter won't be the worst.

LOL, I am going from Buffalo to Nova Scotia, so absolutely NO change in shitty winter weather at all hahaha *cries* :cry:

Alright, now for the task of actually compiling lists of all the shit I do/don't wanna part with. Stay tuned! <3
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:13 pm

cha cha wrote:Alright, now for the task of actually compiling lists of all the shit I do/don't wanna part with. Stay tuned! <3

That part was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I don't know how large your collection is, but simply listing the collection wasn't so simple. Then deciding what goes and stays can be tough. Some things are really easy to make an instant decision on, but other things are tough. I've listed most of my stuff over the past couple of months, but I still haven't listed SNES and N64 simply because of how hard I'm finding the decision part to be.

edit: typo

My Sale Thread - I am selling around three quarters of my video game collection as well as some other odds and ends!

Mod & Repair Services - For Racketboy members only. I can mod and repair items, build custom items, and more!

I want to buy Universal Game Cases, if you have any spares please PM me! I'm looking to only deal with members that have good BST feedback on this forum.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:35 pm

depends on what you have I am looking for some games, if you are willing to sell below market price(or ebay price) I could pick some. $20-30+shipping a pop is too much for me.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever