Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Post by RCBH928 »

I think the Delta has not reached USA and Europe, if it does under the current opening up we will see some serious spread and cases will multiply
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

RCBH928 wrote:I think the Delta has not reached USA and Europe, if it does under the current opening up we will see some serious spread and cases will multiply

It’s in the U.S. and is currently accounting for approximately 20% of new infections in the U.S. Unsurprisingly, those infections are among people who have not yet received a vaccine, which based on the data available so far, is very effective at preventing illness and transmission of the virus.

The virus will go away if more people get vaccinated, and I’d hoped more people in the U.S. would be vaccinated by now. But, here we are!
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

PretentiousHipster wrote:Yea I'm worried about it too. The faster the third world gets vaccinated the smaller chance if having variants.

You mean like Missouri and Arkansas?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Some Canadian provinces are reopening. We are starting to get some decent stats (like 70% one dose and 25% both), but it still sounds way too early to completely reopen. Good thing my province is taking its time.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Yea I'm worried about it too. The faster the third world gets vaccinated the smaller chance if having variants.

You mean like Missouri and Arkansas?

*waves*

Hello! :mrgreen:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

The only reason people are skeptical about mRNA vaccines is that they don't understand what it is (which is totally understandable given how new the technology's use in vaccination is). And idiot fundamentalists screaming that it changes your DNA and will make you not human and therefore unable to go to Heaven when you die. But if you're the type of person who believes that, then let's be honest, humanity would be better off if you got COVID and succumbed.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

marurun

Post by marurun »

Now now, Elk. That’s wandering into the kind of discussion we don’t allow on here. For reasons. Please think that in your inside voice.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I read that mRNA vaccines give you super powers of some sort. I know that I’ve been feeling a lot stronger and smarter since I had my vaccine.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I'm in the mining field and take certification classes yearly on respiration. The masks ain't stopping shit. You need a full blown respirator with cartridges to stop something.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

I thought the purpose of the mask was not to stop the virus from getting in, but rather from getting out. If both parties wear masks then that provides quite a bit of protection