Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

Post by marurun »

Golgo 14 wrote:1000+ people in the U.S. still die every day from this thing, but at this point it's because they were terrified of widely-available medicine, or if they were vaccinated, because they were old or fat, in which case their lives obviously had no meaning.

I hope there was some blue text missing here, because I'm overweight and about to be rather pissed.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
marurun

Post by marurun »

RCBH928 wrote:
Golgo 14 wrote:1000+ people in the U.S. still die every day from this thing, but at this point it's because they were terrified of widely-available medicine, or if they were vaccinated, because they were old or fat, in which case their lives obviously had no meaning.

thats a very small number compared to the population, they might as well have died of natural deaths. I think I heard the seasonal flu kills people every year.

COVID deaths have easily eclipsed flu deaths. The actual death rate for COVID isn't dissimilar from the flu, but COVID doesn't have the same seasonal constraints in the US that the flu has and COVID is proving much more virulent, meaning it's much more adept than the flu at infecting people, unvaccinated or vaccinated. Basically, COVID is just SO much better at getting around. COVID is estimated to have caused more death, per capita, than any worldwide pandemic since the 1918-1920 flu pandemic. And some parts of the US and the world are still hotbeds of hospitalizations and deaths.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00104-8

I will add that flu season doesn't cause hospitals in the US to run out of ICU beds.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Post by PretentiousHipster »

Don't forget about the permanent lung damage that even the younger population can get.
Golgo 14
128-bit

Post by Golgo 14 »

marurun wrote:

I hope there was some blue text missing here, because I'm overweight and about to be rather pissed.

I thought it was obvious, but yes.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Golgo 14 wrote:
marurun wrote:

I thought it was obvious, but yes.

Thanks. Just checking.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

marurun wrote:
Raging Justice wrote:Doesn't help that pfizer was forced to released documents indicating like 8 pages of vaccine side effects that they didn't feel the need to tell anyone about until now. Seeing companies lift the vaccination requirements while all this info is being released about vaccine side effects and deaths makes me that much happier that I never got the vaccine and I'm still just as healthy now as I was when this whole pandemic started

I'm no fan of those documents being kept from the public, but the actual content of those documents is a big nothing burger. They were withheld so long because it was known they would be misconstrued. Basically, any adverse medical events have to be reported during vaccine trials, even if they end up having nothing to do with the vaccine. Are you in a vaccine trial and you have a heart attack? That gets reported, even if it really had nothing to do with the vaccine.

https://factcheck.afp.com/http%253A%252 ... 252F9UC4LE

this is reassuring .
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

How was I affected? It was a flu bug. Exactly like every other flu bug. Took basic congestion meds. Kept up on my vitamins. Stayed in bed and watched TV. There's also 1200 people at my plant. Practically everyone has had it at this point. No one has even been to the hospital from it, as far as we've ever heard. No one died. Supposedly 1 or 2 super old retired people did. We've had more workplace fatalities than covid itself.

How was I affected by the hysterical brainwashed pussies in my country who did everything in their power to annoy me and inconvenience me, and sabotage all our small businesses? I could write a book. Everything I said in Feb 2020 about this stupid bug was called disinformation back then, and now the official narratives are all agreeing with me.

I learned two things from this experience.

1. The scientific process is raped and dead and buried. "Science" is now a religious cult. I never thought I'd live to see it happen.
2. Obese people's opinions will no longer be considered in my life. "You don't care about my health!!!". Neither do you.
marurun

Post by marurun »

And that’s where this thread goes too far. I’m sorry you were inconvenienced, but you may not spread misinformation about a pandemic under the guise of knowing better than everyone else. It’s clear you don’t actually know a damn thing about science or medicine. This thread has run its course and is being locked.

I am appending this information so that those wishing to counter misinformation can review and see what the data is indicating as of Oct 2021. There are more recent analyses, but they do not suggest radically different conclusions. The BMJ is one of the most highly regarded medical journals in the world.

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2514
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile