Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Coronavirus pandemic - how are you affected?

by PretentiousHipster Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:57 am

My province before did a rule saying that 80% need one dose, and 75% need both to reopen, but it looks like they might change their mind to wait until 90% get one dose. I'm all for that, just that we're increasing at a rate of like 0.05% a day, so it's gonna be a siege between the government and the anti-vaxxers.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

opa
128-bit

by opa Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:05 am

I've been able to return to work. Mostly feeling normal. Just lingering fatigue and brain fog.

Go get your shots, people.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

by ElkinFencer10 Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:13 am

opa wrote:I've been able to return to work. Mostly feeling normal. Just lingering fatigue and brain fog.

Glad to hear that you're feeling better and able to work, dude. Between fears, exposures, and actual positive tests, COVID had decimated my school's attendance this year.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:29 am

opa wrote:I've been able to return to work. Mostly feeling normal. Just lingering fatigue and brain fog.

You did not take the shot prior?
opa
128-bit

by opa Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 am

Thanks Elkin. I feel so bad for the kids. These past two years have been horrible for any type of learning consistency.

RCBH928 wrote:You did not take the shot prior?

I did. Just a reminder for those that are still sitting there without them.
marurun

by marurun Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:45 am

RCBH928 wrote:You did not take the shot prior?

The Delta variant is good at infecting even the immunized. The shot does reduce infection rates, however, and is proving very effective at keeping people out of the hospital.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:19 am

Yet anti vaxxers are using delta as proof that the vaccine doesn't work... even when most of the ones that end up in the hospital aren't vaccinated.
marurun

by marurun Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:10 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:Yet anti vaxxers are using delta as proof that the vaccine doesn't work... even when most of the ones that end up in the hospital aren't vaccinated.

The hospitalizations and deaths are where the real issues are. ICUs are packed and people with non-COVID emergencies are getting shuffled around. And the people filling those ICUs and morgues are almost completely unvaccinated folk. I’m very lucky to live in an area which, despite unspectacular vaccination rates, has way more ICU beds areas with 5x the population. My wife, however, is especially frustrated. She’s seeing teenagers in the PICU with cancer and other immune issues who are getting COVID and whose parents are not vaccinated. If your kid is on chemo you NEED to be vaccinated.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:15 am

marurun wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:Yet anti vaxxers are using delta as proof that the vaccine doesn't work... even when most of the ones that end up in the hospital aren't vaccinated.

The hospitalizations and deaths are where the real issues are. ICUs are packed and people with non-COVID emergencies are getting shuffled around. And the people filling those ICUs and morgues are almost completely unvaccinated folk. I’m very lucky to live in an area which, despite unspectacular vaccination rates, has way more ICU beds areas with 5x the population. My wife, however, is especially frustrated. She’s seeing teenagers in the PICU with cancer and other immune issues who are getting COVID and whose parents are not vaccinated. If your kid is on chemo you NEED to be vaccinated.

Yea it's ok here in Ontario ICU capacity-wise, but Alberta which gets mocked at by other canadians doesn't have the highest vaccination rate, and it's getting so bad that the military is stepping in. The premiere of Alberta is bribing people $100 to get vaccinated.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever