Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Re: Movies Talk! Talkin' about movies!

by o.pwuaioc Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:51 pm

stickem wrote:
Ack wrote:
stickem wrote:I'm sorry, I like Seth Rogen films. Probably like Chevy Chase back in the day and people said he was stupid. .I like stupid comedy done well lol.

No worries, man. Chevy Chase did a lot of physical comedy. Seth Rogen is heavy into stoner humor, but he also will surprise with dramatic ideas even while playing a drugged out man-child. I don't knock folks for liking either one, you like what you like.

Thank you. He has blockbusters for a reason. That was probably a reach on comparisons, but I was just thinking yeah he was considered stupid as well in the 80s and early 90s lol. "The night before", underrated christmas stoner flick with no mention. Hilarious movie you never heard of.

I mean, McDonald's is also super popular. Doesn't mean it's a good quality burger. That said, I agree, you like what you like. People shouldn't be knocking each other for harmless preferences. Gods know I have my own crappy things I like.
marurun

by marurun Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:57 pm

Since having a kid I have eaten more McDonalds than I ever did before. Dare I say I’m developing a grudging respect for it, at least for what it is? I wonder if that can be said for some kinds of movies…
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:47 pm

marurun wrote:Since having a kid I have eaten more McDonalds than I ever did before. Dare I say I’m developing a grudging respect for it, at least for what it is? I wonder if that can be said for some kinds of movies…

I mean, isn't there a thread that is chock full of respect for terrible movies?
marurun

by marurun Fri Jul 02, 2021 7:15 am

o.pwuaioc wrote:
marurun wrote:Since having a kid I have eaten more McDonalds than I ever did before. Dare I say I’m developing a grudging respect for it, at least for what it is? I wonder if that can be said for some kinds of movies…

I mean, isn't there a thread that is chock full of respect for terrible movies?

I wouldn’t call McDonalds terrible… more like stunningly mediocre with hints of mass appeal. Which could also work for a great many movies.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ack

by Ack Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:55 am

McDonald's is the Michael Bay Transformers of fast food?
marurun

by marurun Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:51 am

Ack wrote:McDonald's is the Michael Bay Transformers of fast food?

Kind of, yeah.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Steam Profile
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:35 am

Any opinions on Max Payne movie? I haven't played the game yet, so if its going to ruin it I rather watch the movie after the game.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:16 pm

o.pwuaioc wrote:I mean, isn't there a thread that is chock full of respect for terrible movies?

Thats just called talking to Ack
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Previous Paramount Pictures and 20th Century Fox CEO, Barry Diller : "These streaming services have been making something that they call 'movies,' " he said. "They ain't movies. They are some weird algorithmic process that has created things that last 100 minutes or so."

https://www.npr.org/2021/07/08/10140951 ... ss-is-dead
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:22 pm

I might have to see Space Jam 2. It's being called a dystopian nightmare, even among the fans of the first part. I thought it was gonna be bad, but this clip confirms it and I really wanna see what a trainwreck it is

https://twitter.com/mikexnichols/status ... 6732679169
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever