Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Movies Talk! Talkin' about movies!

by RCBH928 Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:16 am

Reminds me of a recent movie that failed bad, I forgot the title but its something about a spaceship and aliens. I tried to watch it, it was just too boring.

This is just a money grab. I hate those computer drawn cartoons, hand drawn animation is a lost art. I know its difficult but there was a lot of it pre-2000. Another thing is I don't understand why kids today do not like them , they always prefer the 3D ones. Stuff like Bionic 6 and Ninja Turtles was awesome!
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:30 am

Everything I've heard about both Space Jam 2 and Black Widow sound awful, and I'm hearing bad things about the upcoming Batgirl movie too. Ugh.

I tried to watch JCVD recently but it didn't grab me. I saw what seemed like some poor dubbing and it turned me off a bit. I heard good things about it though

And on the TV show side of things, it sounds like the new He-Man that just came out on Netflix is garbage and Kevin Smith completely lied about everything in the show.

But I really enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin The Final and The Tomorrow War so it ain't all bad as far as recent movies go.

I've been watching some funny videos from The Rageaholic on youtube. He did one on Revenge of the Ninja that makes me feel like I HAVE to watch it now. It looks hilarious and badass in a cheesy, B movie way. How have I never heard of Sho Kosugi until now?

I also saw the trailer for Blade of the Immortal after Ack mentioned it in the other movie thread. It looks amazing, but I'm wondering if I should watch the anime first
Raging Justice
Next-Gen

by Raging Justice Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:41 am

RCBH928 wrote:Reminds me of a recent movie that failed bad, I forgot the title but its something about a spaceship and aliens. I tried to watch it, it was just too boring.

This is just a money grab. I hate those computer drawn cartoons, hand drawn animation is a lost art. I know its difficult but there was a lot of it pre-2000. Another thing is I don't understand why kids today do not like them , they always prefer the 3D ones. Stuff like Bionic 6 and Ninja Turtles was awesome!

If you're talking about shows in the style of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008), Star Wars: The Bad Batch, and Green Lantern the Animated Series then I can't agree, as each of those shows is awesome

Though I do have fond memories of things like Batman the Animated Series, generation 1 Transformers, Samurai Jack, Disney's Gargoyles, and Avatar the Last Airbender

I also loved the original Power Rangers, which as far as I'm concerned was a cartoon done in live action. It's Morphin Time!
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:19 pm

Raging Justice wrote:If you're talking about shows in the style of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008), Star Wars: The Bad Batch, and Green Lantern the Animated Series then I can't agree, as each of those shows is awesome

Though I do have fond memories of things like Batman the Animated Series, generation 1 Transformers, Samurai Jack, Disney's Gargoyles, and Avatar the Last Airbender

I also loved the original Power Rangers, which as far as I'm concerned was a cartoon done in live action. It's Morphin Time!

I do not know what they they call them but its definitely are the type of drawings that are being used in Space Jam 2. Lets call them animation 2.5D.

The shows you are referring to that are basically animated vector drawings are ok with me, but hand drawn with real pencils and paper will always be my favorite like Bambi and The Secret of NIMH.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:22 pm

Knives Out next in my to watch list. Any opinions for or against?

also, feel free to recommend a good&engaging "whodunit"
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:04 am

Knives Out is a lot of fun. Daniel Craig’s absolutely ridiculous accent really kicks it up, and I hope you enjoy it RCBH.

Curious about the mystery recommendations too. My daughter is really into murder mysteries, and is like to screen one for our next family movie night. The best are usually a hard R, though, and I’d like something more appropriate for a 12-13 year old. Other than Clue, what else is out there?
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:16 am

Would The Abominable Dr. Phibes be too hard-R? If she loves horror movies, Sei donne per l'assassino [Blood and Black Lace] is an incredible milestone by Mario Bava. More of a mystery film but it's considered the first slasher. It's from the 60s so it's not too violent, but still has quite a bit.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:16 am

Too scary! She likes to pretend she’s tough, but I think she’d end up covering her eyes for most of those movies, :lol:

A live-action Danganronpa would be pretty much ideal.
Ack

by Ack Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:28 am

You could try Murder By Death.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:22 am

Remember Identity and Basic? :lol: talk about trash.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever