Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Movies Talk! Talkin' about movies!

by marurun Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:23 am

As long as there's been stereo headphones people have been interested in how to create a full soundscape. You could argue technologies like QSound and Roland Surround Space are trying to do similar things to binaural audio, but going for cinematic instead of realistic.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:49 pm

I stumbled upon a movie called Paul and has been on my watchlist for a long time. Can someone comment what am I to expect without spoilers? I don't want to watch it with high expectations.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:13 am

RCBH928 wrote:I stumbled upon a movie called Paul and has been on my watchlist for a long time. Can someone comment what am I to expect without spoilers? I don't want to watch it with high expectations.

Sarcastic alien. One great cameo. If you don’t go into it with high expectations, you won’t be disappointed.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:15 am

Paul is written by the same two guys from Shaun of the Dead. And the Character Paul is voiced by Seth Rogen. That should set some realistic expectations.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:55 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Paul is written by the same two guys from Shaun of the Dead. And the Character Paul is voiced by Seth Rogen. That should set some realistic expectations.

indeed , thanks guys!
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:17 pm

I'm sorry, I like Seth Rogen films. Probably like Chevy Chase back in the day and people said he was stupid. .I like stupid comedy done well lol.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:59 pm

Chris Rock and Samuel Jackson starring in a SAW series sequel is a new low point that you can't get up from. Maybe its end of line for Jackson's career, but Chris Rock still has a long way to go. I even like SAW... at least the first one never saw the rest. I hate "cash grab" media.

stickem wrote:I'm sorry, I like Seth Rogen films. Probably like Chevy Chase back in the day and people said he was stupid. .I like stupid comedy done well lol.

I hate comedy like Steve Carell...I don't know what its called but just too much cringe, but somehow it works for The Office but not interested in any movies.
Ack

by Ack Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:19 pm

stickem wrote:I'm sorry, I like Seth Rogen films. Probably like Chevy Chase back in the day and people said he was stupid. .I like stupid comedy done well lol.

No worries, man. Chevy Chase did a lot of physical comedy. Seth Rogen is heavy into stoner humor, but he also will surprise with dramatic ideas even while playing a drugged out man-child. I don't knock folks for liking either one, you like what you like.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:37 pm

RCBH928 wrote:Chris Rock and Samuel Jackson starring in a SAW series sequel is a new low point that you can't get up from. Maybe its end of line for Jackson's career, but Chris Rock still has a long way to go. I even like SAW... at least the first one never saw the rest. I hate "cash grab" media.

I hate comedy like Steve Carell...I don't know what its called but just too much cringe, but somehow it works for The Office but not interested in any movies.

I hate comedy like Steve Carell on the first watch but kinda get his stuff like Date Night. Never got into the office.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:43 pm

Ack wrote:

No worries, man. Chevy Chase did a lot of physical comedy. Seth Rogen is heavy into stoner humor, but he also will surprise with dramatic ideas even while playing a drugged out man-child. I don't knock folks for liking either one, you like what you like.

Thank you. He has blockbusters for a reason. That was probably a reach on comparisons, but I was just thinking yeah he was considered stupid as well in the 80s and early 90s lol. "The night before", underrated christmas stoner flick with no mention. Hilarious movie you never heard of.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever