ATTN Firefox Users: Add-On bug / fix

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Ziggy

ATTN Firefox Users: Add-On bug / fix

Post by Ziggy »

Just wanted to give a heads up if there's any Firefox users here: It seems that all add-ons were disabled for all Firefox users due to a certificate expiring or something of that nature. It's a global problem, and they're pushing out a fix ASAP (I think it's already out as of this posting). You can go to menu, help, about Firefox to force an update if need be.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: ATTN Firefox Users: Add-On bug / fix

Post by emwearz »

You can also change your date back to before the 4th, or disable the certificate verification in the config.
marurun

Post by marurun »

He update is already out and is a very quick install. You don’t need to jump through any hoops to fix this.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Before today the fix was pushed through the "Mozilla Studies" feature, which you had to have enabled and it has a mind of its own as to when it update.

Beta 17 now pushes through the regular update, but it is less than 24 hours old, so for 3 odd days, you did need to jump through hoops.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Oh, I just went to About and checked for an update and there it was!
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Just another PSO for any Fire Fox users here... So I noticed a YouTube video player size difference between Fire Fox and Chrome (I use Chrome at work and Fire Fox at home). They use to be the same size. Then one day a few weeks ago the player size in Fire Fox shrunk. I assumed it was Google, because it seems like they teak the YouTube layout constantly. But I got sick of the smaller size and decided to find out about it. Turns out the video size is based on not browser you're using, but the available real estate. The change must of occurred after a Fire Fox update, not a YouTube update.

So if you want the larger player size back in Fire Fox, just open the menu and click on Customize. Then at the bottom of the page, click the Density drop-down and change it to compact. Voila. Now the YouTube player size is large again.