Please give me advice on my dog max

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
nullPointer
128-bit

Re: Please give me advice on my dog max

Post by nullPointer »

Hey mas I just wanted to give you some words of encouragement on all of this. As our fur babies get older it gets harder and harder to know what's really best for them. I think it's great that you're giving Max a chance and I hope it works out for y'all. We're rooting for you Max!
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I respect that you are bringing your dog to a professional. Just remember to follow through with the training after you bring your dog back home. You have to be a Strict master to your dog. Reward only the behavior you want to reinforce. Immediately punish any behavior you disapprove of. Be careful not a placate your dog when he misbehaves. Only give the dog what he wants after he obeys you.
jacjon

Post by jacjon »

yeah it is very unfortunate but I don't think accepting that sort of behavior from him is a good idea. very sad
mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

Wanted to throw an update on max.
Went to the trainer and after 1 hr and continue to train max, he is no longer aggressive or growls or anything. His behavior is so different and he’s obedient. When I say sit or heels he stays right on my left side. He does have his days but once I tell him I’m in charge he stops.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

mas wrote:Wanted to throw an update on max.
Went to the trainer and after 1 hr and continue to train max, he is no longer aggressive or growls or anything. His behavior is so different and he’s obedient. When I say sit or heels he stays right on my left side. He does have his days but once I tell him I’m in charge he stops.

So happy to hear this. Glad you took Max to the trainer. Even happier you're following through with his training at home.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing commanding obedience from your dog. Keep up the good habits, and Max will be able to stay by your side. :D
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Glad to hear he's become subservient. Do not let up your control, and do not let him get the upper hand even for a second. He had it before, and will desire it again.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage