Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Re: The New Site Design is LIVE!

by YoshiEgg25 Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:14 pm

toadhall wrote:Came in from the email. Haven't visited Racketboy in a while but man it looks soooo good now. Looking forward to reading the new content. Maybe I can contribute articles too.

Same here. Looks SUPER different. Need some time to get used to it.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 am

Oh wow, some blasts from the past here in this place lately! Nice to see you again guys!
Sano
Next-Gen

by Sano Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:21 am

I like it after having used it a few days. Its very sleek! :mrgreen:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:59 am

V3 Theme Links Underline Bug - Update Info
Unlike the Glossy Blue or other older themes, any Links included in a V3 post do not automatically contain an underline.

Adding {u}{/u} command underlines the links in V3. Older themes do not need the underline command though. In addition, the underline color default do not match the link color; older themes do not have this issue. In the new V3 theme the matched color code must also be added to the underline unless the link is added inside typed in text.

This is no big deal unless the text color in a post is changed to match the new default blue links as I did in the first two examples below; underline text are usually the standard indicator of an active link to click. Blue Text are great as a color cue for links (maybe should also be coded to Glossy Blue and other older themes ?) the underline adds to making links standing out.

To see the differences, view the links below while in the V3 Theme.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note the first example with text color matched; no visual cue of the two links.
In older themes the underline shows and under V3 there is no underline.

Links example:
http://www.racketboy.com/ or link added inside typed text Racketboy Front Page

Adding the {u}{/u} underline command makes the link more prominent, though it is not color matched blue.
Note when the underline command to a link is inside typed text; the underline is automatically color corrected!
:!:

Underline Command added Links example:
http://www.racketboy.com/ or link added inside typed text Racketboy Front Page

Underline Command and Color Corrected Links example:
http://www.racketboy.com/ (color added) or link added inside typed text Racketboy Front Page (no color command)
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:29 pm

I love it. Good work! Bonus points for the Sonic background.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Underlining of links should be fixed now.

Also, check out the search box on the header -- can now choose to search in the forum or guides/articles no matter what part of the site you are on.
Defaults to where you are at the moment.

marurun wrote:I do love browsing on my phone, but I also agree that the various functions for the text editor really stack up pretty tall when you go to make a post. I've just been dealing with it, because at least they're all clearly visible.

Brought this up to Matt -- his reply:
"As for the posting buttons - there isn't really anything we can do about that. I assume they're referring to the toolbar buttons. You can simply scroll past them, then you're only looking at the textarea. The other functionality below the textarea needs to be there, but can be ignored. That stuff falls below the submit button, so it doesn't get in the way or cause you to scroll unnecessarily."
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:17 pm

racketboy wrote:Underlining of links should be fixed now.

Also, check out the search box on the header -- can now choose to search in the forum or guides/articles no matter what part of the site you are on.
Defaults to where you are at the moment.

Thanks, the underline and default to blue for V3 links now works. :)

Arrgh! Unless Javascript is turned on, the Search Box covers part of the black bar notably the Login!

Racketboy V3 Search.JPG
Racketboy V3 Search.JPG (23.24 KiB) Viewed 1601 times

I leave Javascript turned off to speed up page loads. The work around to login is to post a reply in a thread which then brings up the login screen. That or temporarily enable Javascript.

I use plugin Quick Java for on the fly turn on and off.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:10 pm

Curious: 6 months in, has everyone gotten pretty used to the new design?
Any pet peeves?
Anapan
Next-Gen

by Anapan Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:56 am

Everything's working great!
There used to be a dark theme, but it was buggy. Still, I liked it.
Pet Peeves? Forum's great, but the Sonic The Hedgehog background on the homepage has dithering.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:00 am

The old themes are still available as an option — you just have to manually change in your settings. Main downside is they are responsive design and won’t have RB-specific menus and such up top.

I’m hoping to re-do the main logo/graphic area on the front page before too long. If I keep relatively the same, I’m hoping to have some additional graphics to rotate through (and I can look into the dithering thing as long as I can keep the file size low enough). But I may slim down that box since we’ve got a good amount of fresh content flowing.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever