Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
miked
128-bit

Re: The New Site Design is LIVE!

by miked Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:39 am

Love the new site design. I mostly browse on an iPad nowadays so this is great for me. Also loved seeing a new story on the main page. The Racketboy reboot is in full swing! :)
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:42 am

miked wrote:Love the new site design. I mostly browse on an iPad nowadays so this is great for me. Also loved seeing a new story on the main page. The Racketboy reboot is in full swing! :)

I do a lot of my work and browsing on my iPad now, so it was a big motivator for me personally. I feel like the site is just so much more useful and enjoyable now!
I'm also looking forward to "renovating" all the old posts with higher resolution graphics and screenshots.
marurun

by marurun Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:40 pm

I love the idea of higher resolution screen shots for systems that topped out at 320x240 :wink:
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:47 pm

marurun wrote:I love the idea of higher resolution screen shots for systems that topped out at 320x240 :wink:

Actually, some of my favorites are things like the NES or Genesis where I can get a crisp GIF/PNG from an emulator screenshot and then upscale it in Photoshop. Gotta love some pixel art!
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:39 pm

FYI, I think I figured out how to make move the new forum theme to everyone without them manually have to switch. I deactivated GlossyBlue for a bit so everyone that was on there still got switched to v3 as the default. Anyone that was in love with that them can still manually change back to that.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

racketboy wrote:FYI, I think I figured out how to make move the new forum theme to everyone without them manually have to switch. I deactivated GlossyBlue for a bit so everyone that was on there still got switched to v3 as the default. Anyone that was in love with that them can still manually change back to that.

Noticed the V3 switch even though my Login was remembered from last visit. Thanks for keeping the Gloss Blue; I switched back due to preference of "Retro" layout.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:Thanks for keeping the Gloss Blue; I switched back due to preference of "Retro" layout.

I like using whatever the default skin is so that I can format my posts to look their best, being that it's the way most people are viewing the forums. For instance, banners I've made for guides, et cetera, had a max width to fit Glossy Blue. But now they will appear too short for most people. If I'm making a rather large post, a guide or tutorial, I like to pay a lot of attention to format and aesthetics.
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:05 am

Speaking of... What is the max pixel width for images on the new skin? And, will anything over the max width be scaled down like Glossy Blue?
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:24 am

Ziggy587 wrote:Speaking of... What is the max pixel width for images on the new skin? And, will anything over the max width be scaled down like Glossy Blue?

I think there's just a max file size (like 1.3 MB?) but everything will be scaled. It didn't scale originally, but I had Matt fix that.
marurun

by marurun Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:45 am

Even with the scaling it can create some weird issues. Pages load and jump to a particular anchor, but the anchor point is selected before the images are done loading and scaling, which means you end up in the middle of the thread somewhere. I'm not sure we can really help that much except to remind people to post large images behind spoiler tags. It's a problem inherent to the way browsers load pages, so we just have to encourage good posting habits.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever