The Alien & Predator Appreciation Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: The Alien & Predator Appreciation Thread

Post by noiseredux »

Marines isn't nearly as bad as it's reputation. It's a fun little shooter with lots of throwbacks for fans.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

But don't you know it's fun to hate on things based on hearsay Noise?
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Segata
Next-Gen

Post by Segata »

MrPopo wrote:But don't you know it's fun to hate on things based on hearsay Noise?

Or maybe the game is hated because it's actually terrible. Because it is. It was broken and buggy with nonworking enemy AI. The only hearsay is if they stole funds to put towards Borderlands. What is true is the game is bad and the demos that were presented before was vastly downgraded to the final product. A game that started out on PS2 and yet the final game was very rushed. I do believe it's possible SEGA made them force the game out early as that is something SEGA did with Sonic Boom (not that time would have saved Sonic boom from bad level design) Not pointing fingers as what was the definitive reason why the game was rushed and a mess. Whatever the reason it needed another year or so in development. I feel if the game was finished would have been an just alright shooter, nothing great but decent and worth it for fans. As it stands the game sucks and it's a shame. What is a bigger shame is how damn good Alien Isolation is and no one bought it. That was the game SEGA was apologizing for Marines. Sadly seemed the damage was done. I dare say Iso is the best Alien game ever made.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Segata wrote:The only hearsay is if they stole funds to put towards Borderlands..

You don't know what hearsay is, do you...
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I just want to say that Alien: Covenant is an absolutely beautiful film. Every shot is a work of art. Covenant is now my second favorite film in the Alien franchise, and that's saying something because I really love the first Alien.

marurun wrote:
Segata wrote:The only hearsay is if they stole funds to put towards Borderlands..

You don't know what hearsay is, do you...

I don't know firsthand what hearsay is, but somebody else told me what they think the word means. :wink:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Just a reminder that this Thursday is 4-26... Alien Day. Everyone plan accordingly! :D
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Happy Alien Day, all.
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

LV426!

I still need to see Covenant. Wow, was it already a year ago when I re-watched 1 through 3 and Prometheus? I should give 4 another shot. I think I've only seen it twice.

I am a big fan of both the Alien & Predator franchises. I hate to see the great movie ride at Disney world go. The alien portion of it was great. They nailed the siren alarm going off. Also, really wish the Stitch attraction would've stayed alien. Hopefully with the fox merger, we'll see more of the IPs at Disney. They're already all in on avatar.

(posted via mobile)

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Yeah that Stitch thing was cute but meh.

You should see Covenant. It's not the best in the series but it's enjoyable especially for fans of Prometheus.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

I have an unending love for the cinematography in alien covenant. I swear it’s my second favorite in the franchise. Only the original Alien (1979) tops covenant as #1. :shock:

Alien Resurrection, on the other hand, is better suited for fans of Aliens (1986) who dig the action sequences and don’t require a movie to take itself too seriously. 8)

Come to think of it... these two movies are at opposite ends of the Alien franchise spectrum. Resurrection is for action bros who don’t care for tedious debate over whether or not something can explode in the vacuum of space. Covenant is for pretentious art nerds like me who want to see an audio/visual spectacle irrespective of whether or not the plot makes any damn sense. :lol:

If you like Terminator 3: Rise of the machines, see Alien Ressurection. If you like 2001 a Space Odyssey, see Alien Covenant.