Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Re: Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Post by SamuraiMegas »

necroing this thread for some major MF DOOM news possibly being in the way, straight from me

I added MF GRIMM, a big time collaborator with DOOM on Facebook and shot him 2 messages, one asking if it was cool if I asked a couple questions about his career/life

Well, some may know that DOOM featured a man named Mr Fantastik on a couple tracks that are absolutely golden, but the thing is that no one knows who Mr Fantastik is.

Well, part of the reason (AFAIK) is that no one has asked DOOM directly in an interview who he is (mostly because there aren't many) so I'm asking one of the only other people who might could tell me.

He said he would respond to me by Monday :)
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Yeah I've tried to like mfdoom, I don't get it. That's just me I guess.

RIP prodigy of mobb deep
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SamuraiMegas wrote:necroing this thread for some major MF DOOM news possibly being in the way, straight from me

I added MF GRIMM, a big time collaborator with DOOM on Facebook and shot him 2 messages, one asking if it was cool if I asked a couple questions about his career/life

Well, some may know that DOOM featured a man named Mr Fantastik on a couple tracks that are absolutely golden, but the thing is that no one knows who Mr Fantastik is.

Well, part of the reason (AFAIK) is that no one has asked DOOM directly in an interview who he is (mostly because there aren't many) so I'm asking one of the only other people who might could tell me.

He said he would respond to me by Monday :)

Gawd, I was a member of the MF Doom forum on UGHH back in the day. If you are able to solve such a huge mystery, I owe you "One Beer."

stickem wrote:RIP prodigy of mobb deep

So sad. I read his autobiography a few years ago and he seemed real into clean living because of his sickle cell. It's sad, man. He leaves behind a massive legacy. Even if The Infamous was the only album Mobb ever made... but it wasn't. They had so many great records. And they were riding an upward wave with 2007's Return Of The Mac that Prodigy did solo and culminating in 2014's The Infamous Mobb Deep which was incredible. I'm glad that their discography ended on such a high note. But it's truly, truly sad.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Unfortunately, he hasn't messaged me :(

My BST Thread
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

MF GRIMM got back to me. He doesn't know who Mr Fantastik is.

My BST Thread
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Been on a suicideboys kick the last week. Don't know who these guys are, but I like it. Dark 3 6 mafia shit, but by white dudes that ain't whoop whoop lol.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

No more flava in ya ear, RIP craig mack. Listening to that today, I didn't appreciate the rythming skills and flow he had on that song back when it came out. To me him and a few others were responsible for bringing back east coast when west coast ruled.
jacjon

Post by jacjon »

just heard maxo kream "grannies" for the first time. goes hard
Nemoide
Next-Gen

Post by Nemoide »

I don't know if there are any other Dr. Octagon fans but I recently listened to the new album, Moosebumps, and it's pretty great. Kool Keith can be hit or miss but this one's a hit, solid stuff that feels like a continuation of Dr. Octagonecologyst. The fact that Dan the Automator and DJ Qbert are back really brings it up to the next level.
I'll admit that I have a soft spot for The Return of Dr. Octagon, even if Keith has disowned it, but Moosebumps lives up to the hype as "the *true* second Dr. Octagon album."
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I could never get into kool keith/dr octagon. keep hearing how great it is, i just don't get it i guess lol.

Been listening to some aesop rock/the impossible kid. i've always liked aesop's flow, lyrical genius. never did like his beats, hook, or preety much any of his instrumentals. Until this album. a pure masterpiece.