Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Re: Hip Hop/Rap Fanatics Unite!

Post by oxymoron »

I went to a album signing for G-Eazy's new release, When It's Dark Out. Literally, one of the most unorganized signings I have ever been too. I guy showed up an hour and a half late then had his posse come and try to sell us $50 t-shirts to get priority access. It became of those thing where it's "I'll be damned if I don't get what I came here for", which I did. It only took 4.5 hours. The album is nice though so I guess it was worth it?

jp1
Next-Gen

Post by jp1 »

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

yall forgot about the best rapper of all time

the doctor of thuganomics himself

JOHHHHHHHN CEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

^he was funny in the movie sisters.

Wtf did I watch last week with kendrick lamar at the grammies. I guess I just don't get this guy. Sounded like a hot mess to me.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

I was listening to the radio the other day and they played 1st of the Month by Bone Thugs n Harmony. That's the first time I'd heard that song on the radio in years which sent me on a kick of their music.

Thuggish Ruggish Bone still has a damn fine groove.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Yeah that was when rap was rap.
IrishNinja
64-bit

Post by IrishNinja »

OldSchool_Boy wrote:Freddie Gibbs and Redman have recently dropped some new albums, I need to get around to picking them up. Off the new Freddie Gibbs album I've been listening to 'Fucking Up The Count' (https://youtu.be/23O2U41p6cY).

Gibbs has been on fire for a minute now, killin the remixes he jumps on too. Pinanta was one of the finest in a good year, but it gave some new fans a different feel for his work, i think - he usually does more trappy stuff without madlib on the beats

for real though, i haven't been disappointed
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Enjoying hearing some of the prophets of rage on the radio, been reading about them for awhile. 3 of my favorites back in the day, Chuck d, b real, and ratm. Although I'd rather see a rage reunion this is a close 2nd. Chuck d sounds exactly the same as 30 years ago. What's he pushing 50? Will definitely pickup this album.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

IrishNinja wrote:
OldSchool_Boy wrote:Freddie Gibbs and Redman have recently dropped some new albums, I need to get around to picking them up. Off the new Freddie Gibbs album I've been listening to 'Fucking Up The Count' (https://youtu.be/23O2U41p6cY).

Gibbs has been on fire for a minute now, killin the remixes he jumps on too. Pinanta was one of the finest in a good year, but it gave some new fans a different feel for his work, i think - he usually does more trappy stuff without madlib on the beats

for real though, i haven't been disappointed

My friend was very disappointed by Shadow of a Doubt because it didn't sound like Cocaine Pinata. I've been listening to him since the Str8 Killa EP and I can't complain about any of his releases although I've always hated Madlib sketches but even that couldn't ruin Cocaine Pinata for me. A real bummer is that I can't seem to find the B side track Deep from the Thuggin single anywhere on the internet.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.