Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Re: The Official Nathan Barnatt Rise to Fame/Appreciation Th

by Mozgus Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:46 am

NathanBarnatt wrote:First of all this topic is crazy! I can't believe this is a real topic. I'm flattered and you guys are crazy.

Second, I think the "news" thats being talked about is that I got a little spot on Community. It's nothing big really. Just a couple of lines similar to that spot I had on Happy Endings recently. I'll be playing a "gay basketball player". So its cool but nothing huge. I guess I could take this time to catch those up to speed who dont know about the Comedy Central Keith project. First, someone in this thread mentioned that it aired late at night. That was another show that I was cast on. It wasn't my show. It was called this show will get you high and I just acted in it. My show never became a show. My brother and friend and I were paid to write a Keith script and it never went to pilot cause the head of CC said "he couldn't wrap his head around the video game world". Oh well. But since then we've had a meeting with Adult Swim for a new Keith show and it went really well. We're actually going back in today. It seems promising and they really like Keith over there so we'll see. But you never know what will happen.

Regardless of all that junk I am seriously blown away that this is even a topic here. I love RB and appreciate every view on my dumb videos. Thanks so much for watching over all the years and thanks for not banning me for spam.

And YES I really play video games. I have a full arcade of 13 cabinets and a solar powered battery pack for my gameboy!

And you...
Redifer wrote:I like the older Talking Classics stuff. The Sega CD episode is one of my absolute favs on the internet. However I don't really find much humor in the "ASSASSINS CREED" diving and the falling down in front of unsuspecting people kind of gets old, but that's just me. I'm not really into slapstick, at least when it is done ad nauseam. Still, I wish the guy success and if he makes it bug, then that is awesome!

should watch the new episodes on GameTrailers. I still do the SegaCD style original documentary episodes.

Just necro-ing this post because Nathan is still a god damned rockstar, and Racketboy forums were blessed to have him.

racketboy wrote:
Jagosaurus wrote:I still listen to the Neo Geo Song when I need a laugh. Man, in the video when he drops from the sky on the beach :P. Gets me every time. You have to appreciate the "The guys over on Racketboy are going to love this."

Never forget.

Never.
Blu
Next-Gen

by Blu Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:38 am

Haha, it makes me wonder what he's up to nowadays. I know he's making films and such. Saw him on a livestream a few months ago where he was driving somewhere in the deserts of California.

We've also been watching Community since it was brought onto Netflix. I know this thread mentioned he was in an episode, but I had totally forgotten it. There's an episode where he's in a promotional video for Greendale Community College. I remember thinking, I'm not surprised that I'm seeing Nathan Barnatt in this amazing show.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:04 am

Nathans NeoGeo song came up in a work meeting earlier today. I came here to bump the topic and see Mozgus beat me to it.
racketboy
Site Admin

by racketboy Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:39 pm

dlmvii wrote:Mild bump, but I was pretty giddy with a blast from the past when I saw Nathan in a recent episode of Always Sunny. For nostalgia purposes, I then watched his Kimberly Cole music video audition, which is also fantastic https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IixQox4rhEw. Miss you Nathan!

Thanks for the reminder to re-watch ;)
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:06 pm

Seen Keith Apicary on America's got talent tonight. I'm not a big fan, it was ok. He got through the audition, but better bring it to get further. I'll root for the guy!
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLIoKRDF9_g

I may actually watch an episode of the show if they get him back.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:42 pm

stickem wrote:Seen Keith Apicary on America's got talent tonight. I'm not a big fan, it was ok. He got through the audition, but better bring it to get further. I'll root for the guy!

He's done better. I wonder how many people in the audience remember him from Flo Rida's Let It Roll or Kimberly Cole's minor hit U Make Me Wanna? I'm guessing the "stunned judges" might have been alerted to those.

I never watched this show except on clips, but I realized that it was primarily featuring already decently established folks after it finally featured Puddles Pity Party years after he was getting big with PMJB.

After ten years of following Nathan slowly growing into something bigger, he gets a prime time spot, so kudos to him.
stickem
Next-Gen

by stickem Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:56 pm

I watch the dumb ass show every year and most of them have a following of some sort and seem "semi pro". Hardly any of them seem to come out of nowhere.
NotLuke
24-bit

by NotLuke Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:12 am

A friend called me to tell me he saw Nathan /Keith on AGT. I can't remember the last he time he actually called instead of texting or dm'ing me on fb, but he was that excited to tell me about it. I still have this hanging in the game room:

Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

by Jagosaurus Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:37 pm

Just seeing FastBilly's post... where do you work where Keith Apicary songs come on!? :lol:

I saw the AGT clip. I laughed. Apparently made it to Ellen also.

So I'm not familiar with Lobot character or After Dark show... but this was well done: https://youtu.be/AYUTLPUef9c

Is Nathan still voicing cartoons these days?

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever