Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Luke
Next-Gen

The Official Nathan Barnatt Rise to Fame/Appreciation Thread

by Luke Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:31 am

I've only "known" Nathan for about maybe two-to-three years since meeting him on RacketBoy, but I've been rooting for him since we first chatted. He's busted his butt (literally) year after year to break into Hollywood and his hard work, natural physical talents, and great personality have paid off. Not to kiss his rear, but seldom have I met such an openly honest and personable person on an online forum who had such great intentions and energy (I was sold as soon as he posted the charity for Allyson).

Nathan has some pretty spectacular news to share, and since I don't know if he's mentioned it yet here, I won't say exactly what it is and will allow Nathan himself to share with the RB members. With that in mind, my hat is off to Nathan on another magnanimous venture, and I'm sure he'll keep up the great work.

Plus I figured it would be great to have a "Nathan" thread for all things Apicary/Amsley/etc.

Be sure to "friend" him on Facebook, "Like" his videos, and check his site often. Despite the fact that he has 100 irons in the fire (that's "very very busy" talk for people over 28), Nathan is really loyal to his fans and sincerely appreciates your support.

Now if only Stallone would cast Keith as Rambo for THE EXPENDABLES II...
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Re: The Official Nathan Barnatt Rise to Fame/Appreciation Thread

by baphomet_irl Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:49 am

ahh this is interesting - I never knew he was an RB member and tbh I got kinda annoyed because I thought he was 'slagging us' (i.e. gaming 'geeks') now that I know he is into it himself thats pretty cool :)
'In the end it didn't work out. It was tough, but those were great days and I've never met anybody who regretted buying a Dreamcast.'
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:51 am

baphomet_irl wrote:ahh this is interesting - I never knew he was an RB member and tbh I got kinda annoyed because I thought he was 'slagging us' (i.e. gaming 'geeks') now that I know he is into it himself thats pretty cool :)

He use to be Blue Lazgun, but a mod changed his username several years ago.

To be honest, when he first started posting his clips I thought he was a spammer and almost banned him...
baphomet_irl
128-bit

by baphomet_irl Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:54 am

fastbilly1 wrote:
baphomet_irl wrote:ahh this is interesting - I never knew he was an RB member and tbh I got kinda annoyed because I thought he was 'slagging us' (i.e. gaming 'geeks') now that I know he is into it himself thats pretty cool :)

He use to be Blue Lazgun, but a mod changed his username several years ago.

To be honest, when he first started posting his clips I thought he was a spammer and almost banned him...

cool - I also saw he has a song called 'Dreamcast 2' something I'm pretty sure most of racketboy dream of :D
'In the end it didn't work out. It was tough, but those were great days and I've never met anybody who regretted buying a Dreamcast.'
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:14 pm

I don't think I would have ever cared about that mashup by Madeon had I not seen this awesome Nathan Barnatt video. It's just a lot of fun and is the sort of thing that can pick you up after a bad day. The fact that no one "liked" it when I put the vid on facebook just goes to show that all my facebook friends suck :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxPbgnO81sQ
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
J T
Next-Gen

by J T Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:16 pm

Here Here!

For he's a jolly good fellow!
For he's a jolly good fellow!
For he's a jolly good fellooooooow!
That nobody can deny (except for security at certain video game expos)!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Inazuma
Next-Gen

by Inazuma Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:32 pm

Awesome topic. I love Nathan too. He is extremely funny and talented. I've watched a ton of his videos. All of the crazy characters he does are great. He is my favorite comedian.

It was always strange how he wasn't super popular, considering how hilarious and well put together his videos have been. I really think his work is easily at the level of the big name millionaires out there, if not better. He deserves all of the success he gets.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

by alienjesus Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:44 pm

With the amount of rare games, consoles and arcade cabinets in his videos, I'm always surprised when people get this idea. Guy doesn't fork out for all that just to take the piss.
Hatta
Next-Gen

by Hatta Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:12 pm

Nathan's great. Even my non-gamer artist girlfriend loves Keith Apicary. Keep up the good work.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:40 pm

I want to guess maybe he landed that job at Comedy Central? Thought he was pitching an idea to them or something like that...

It'd be kind of cool to see Keith do some more informative videos. Kind of like when AVGN did that Sega console (or Genesis add-ons? I forget) video that was really cool to watch. Love that sort of stuff from guys like this.

But yeah Nathan/Keith is awesome. ASSASSIN'S CREED
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever