Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
SpaceBooger

Re: The Comic Book Thread

by SpaceBooger Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:22 pm

If you are looking for a good one shot give "Superman: Earth One" a shot. Its a modern and different take on Superman's first adventure... think of it like Marvel's Ultimate universe.

As for collections of superhero comics. If you don't mind deep, thought provoking, and sometimes confusing (at first) stories I highly recommend that you read all of Grant Morrison's Batman stories from "The Black Glove" trade to the "Return of Bruce Wayne" trade.
I will list all of those out for you in order if you are really serious about reading them... just ask.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

by OldSchool_Boy Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:43 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:If you are looking for a good one shot give "Superman: Earth One" a shot. Its a modern and different take on Superman's first adventure... think of it like Marvel's Ultimate universe.

As for collections of superhero comics. If you don't mind deep, thought provoking, and sometimes confusing (at first) stories I highly recommend that you read all of Grant Morrison's Batman stories from "The Black Glove" trade to the "Return of Bruce Wayne" trade.
I will list all of those out for you in order if you are really serious about reading them... just ask.

I'll check that Superman:Earth One out. That reminded of needing to read Superman:Red Son. As far as the Batman collections, if you could list one I'll check it out and see if it interests me, if you don't mind.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm

OldSchool_Boy wrote:I'll check that Superman:Earth One out. That reminded of needing to read Superman:Red Son. As far as the Batman collections, if you could list one I'll check it out and see if it interests me, if you don't mind.

Red Son is quite good. Try out Batman: The Black Glove. If you like that there is a chance you will like Morrison's other Batman stuff.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Pocket & Advance SP) Genesis (SCD, 32X, Nomad), SNES,
Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3 and WiiU.
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

by OldSchool_Boy Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:58 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:
OldSchool_Boy wrote:I'll check that Superman:Earth One out. That reminded of needing to read Superman:Red Son. As far as the Batman collections, if you could list one I'll check it out and see if it interests me, if you don't mind.

Red Son is quite good. Try out Batman: The Black Glove. If you like that there is a chance you will like Morrison's other Batman stuff.

I'll check it out. Hopefully sooner than Friday I could go to Comics'N'Stuff and see if they have it.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:15 pm

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

by OldSchool_Boy Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:21 pm

Anyone read Marvel Zombies? Was that good or no?
BurningDoom
Next-Gen

by BurningDoom Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:47 pm

OldSchool_Boy wrote:Anyone read Marvel Zombies? Was that good or no?

I loved it. It was funny and disturbing at the same time. And it worked.
Game Trade/Want List:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=28206

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Super GB, N64, Gamecube, GB Player, Wii, Sega Power Base Converter, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, TurboGrafx-16, PlayStation, PS2 Slim, XBox, XBox 360, Game Boy, GBC, GBA-SP, DS, Game Gear, GG Master Converter
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:05 am

I didn't but I'm not a fan of zombies.
BLOG | BST
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:30 am

The original arc was great but skip the follow-ups
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

by Gamerforlife Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:37 am

I recently finished Fables vol. 3 and I'm really hooked on this series now. Vertigo really has some awesome stuff.

Now you guys have gotten me interested in Morrison's Batman stories. Might have to check them out
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever