Happy Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
racketboy
Site Admin

Re: Happy Thanksgiving - What are you doing?

Post by racketboy »

At my in-laws house for the day (and I fit in quite well with them)
Just finished some breakfast casseroles (one egg/sausage and one French toast) and getting caught up on my inbox while having the parades on in the background.
Also already played a Blue Clues board game with the kids too.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I've got some coworkers coming over because I can't visit the family this year (too expensive). I'm midway through making the rolls, then comes the stuffing, then the turkey, then the cranberry sauce, then the gravy.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I hit up the Black Friday sale on Bandai Namco's online store. There are some really good deals to be had. Gamefly's sale is pretty good too though I didn't get anything.

As for food related things, I did my part of the cooking yesterday so that my wife can have the kitchen to herself this morning. We tend to just get in each other's way. The in-laws should be here soon.
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

Going to play some Lost Vikings.

Go to the parents for dinner. My sister with her kids are showing up, so it shouldn't be too big. Much smaller than before. With it so small, my mom/sister will probably ask me 20 questions throughout the evening.

Then go home to play some more Lost Vikings. :D
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Ran in a turkey trot 5K with my daughter this morning. Was super crowded (4000+ participants), but we still had a good time. Helped clean up after my wife made three pies (date custard, mince, and sweet potato). We’re bringing those, along with pecan pie and two bottles of wine, to my parents house in a few minutes. Will spend the rest of the day there eating, drinking, talking, and being thankful. May play some more of The Dynastic Hero (TG16) later tonight, but probably not. May watch some MST3K instead. :D
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

I'm going over to in-laws for a Thanksgiving potluck dinner. There's always something yummy so it should be a good time. I'm bringing over a lemon berry cobbler. :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

At the in-laws’ place now. Turkey is in the oven. Had pumpkin ginger scones for breakfast. Kiddo is napping. Dog show just ended, so now I am chilling on my phone while the sister in law and her partner take their turn in the kitchen and are blasting Hamilton.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I took Friday off to make it a four day weekend. A friend is coming up from NC to have Thanksgiving with her parents, and we had plans to spend Friday together. Gotta see how I feel though, I've been sick. :(
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Almost ready to eat.
Been toggling between watching the Lions, playing Pit (my 5 year old did his best) and snuggling the kids
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Dinner with the family is done. Now ready to watch the cowboys. then go through the black friday cluster fuck to return a tv I bought at target yesterday that was busted when I got it home and plugged up. I've had terrible luck with tvs the last couple of months. This is 2 now that I've bought that were busted after purchasing. And a third I spent 23 hours on the phone with customer support for a warrenty replacement. I feel sorry for anybody that has to call samsung for anything.