Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by PretentiousHipster Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:41 pm

Really nervous now. I did a game review back then where my lighting sucked, and the opening skit was far from mastered, but something is happening to it. It's called Blade of Darkness, and a re-release happened today. It's the banner in GOG's store, and in steam's store it's the first entry in "new and trending". It's kind of blowing up already.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Congrats, PH! I hope the viewers check out your other content and that you get a lot of subscribers.
Note
Next-Gen

by Note Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:59 pm

Awesome review, PH! I wasn't familiar with Blade of Darkness before, good overview of the game.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:06 pm

Thanks so much. However I barely even like that video lol. The Vampire Diaries one is probably the first one I can say that I am super proud of. But, I see that as a good sign. If you're not constantly improving and hating your earlier works then you are doing it wrong.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:54 am

Yea it kept blowing up overnight but all I got were a handful of dislikes :lol:

A sign that I needed to improve a lot back at May which I hopefully did recently.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:14 am

Almost done playing the games for my zelda project, with the only game I didn't start yet being Majora's Mask. Slowly starting to film for it. I've been legit told by online friends that this skit is meme material, so I've decided to upload it as a teaser.

https://youtu.be/euseB1eW8_M
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:29 pm

I wanted to play Doom on my mac but not supported via my Steam purchase. So a simple search gave me a site that gives steam games DRM free now I can extract the WAD file. Didn't work in WINE/Crossover, so I looked up a guide online how to play Doom on Mac. I found GZDoom that played the WAD flawless. To see the difference between Doom releases I looked up the Doom Wiki, and how to complete the episodes via youtube walkthroughs.

All free, they even do the hosting on their budget.

I don't know who you guys are but thank you. The internet is a beautiful place.
Nemoide
Next-Gen

by Nemoide Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:50 am

Note wrote:
Nemoide wrote:I successfully found someone who *should* be able to get it into working order! I'll have to mail it across the country, but I'm okay with that.

That's awesome, glad to hear you found someone who should be able to repair it. My family had an Apple IIc back in the late 80s, that was our first computer. Would be fun to have one again. Hope the technician is able to get it back to working order for you. Keep us posted on how the repair process goes.

UPDATE: I got the Mac back a couple weeks ago and it's working fine! Christa Lee was the woman who did the repair and her rate was reasonable. But it ended up being expensive because I bought a new flyback transformer and transistor. Between the parts and shipping it back and forth across the country, I've sunk quite a bit into this "free" computer... But I guess overall I spent less than it would cost to buy just a Mac keyboard off ebay.

Now I'll just need to get an expensive floppy emulator and I'll be playing games! I've got an Apple IIe too and I know the floppy emulator works on that and play .WOZ files from the Internet Archive, so I should be able to get my money's worth when I cross that bridge.
marurun

by marurun Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:17 pm

I think it would be pretty awesome to have an Apple IIgs, in part for the rare but awesome games for it but also for the backwards compatibility with Apple II software.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Although I hate FB, the idea of metaverse is cool now we know all about the oculus purchase. None the less there is nothing new here, VR world is an old concept I remember from the late 90s tried on PS Home and SecondLife and I am sure many defunct attempts so I am not sure why Zuckerberg is inventing something totally new here never heard of before.

The Matrix is turning real I guess...
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever