Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by PretentiousHipster Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:06 pm

AVGN started a band that's playing live in a few weeks. Tbh all of this screamed mid life crisis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ8gmDd2zis
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:14 am

My eye caught a Full House handheld game in that video, got to love the 90s!

I am not sure if this is supposed to be serious or parody, but its fun to watch. production is good imo.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:14 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:AVGN started a band that's playing live in a few weeks. Tbh all of this screamed mid life crisis

I didn't really get mid-life crisis from it. My impression was just a group of friends that have like interests and play instruments, so they figured "why not?" I think the mash-ups are fun, in an amusing kind of way. Personally, it's not music that I would put on a play list anytime soon. But as a musician, I totally dig watching them play. You can tell they're just having fun and not taking it seriously, which is the best way to play music IMO.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:08 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:
PretentiousHipster wrote:AVGN started a band that's playing live in a few weeks. Tbh all of this screamed mid life crisis

I didn't really get mid-life crisis from it. My impression was just a group of friends that have like interests and play instruments, so they figured "why not?" I think the mash-ups are fun, in an amusing kind of way. Personally, it's not music that I would put on a play list anytime soon. But as a musician, I totally dig watching them play. You can tell they're just having fun and not taking it seriously, which is the best way to play music IMO.

There is that. If you've seen AVGN's channel the past while, the best way to describe it is apathetic. He seems happy in that video at least.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:37 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:

There is that. If you've seen AVGN's channel the past while, the best way to describe it is apathetic. He seems happy in that video at least.

I've heard that complaint, and I guess it might be true in some of the recent AVGN episodes or how James and Mike Mondays ended up (yeesh). But to be honest, I never really cared for the AVGN show so I tend not to watch it. If he comes across as losing interest in AVGN, I wouldn't really know. My favorite Cinemassacre videos have always been the ones with James sitting in front of a camera talking about something that he has real passion for. I'm stoked that they're bringing back Monster Madness this year.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:55 pm

AVGN was passable YouTube content in the late '00s, but trotting that schtick out in your 40s is grim.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

by o.pwuaioc Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:18 pm

Golgo 14 wrote:AVGN was passable YouTube content in the late '00s, but trotting that schtick out in your 40s is grim.

In other words,

opa
128-bit

by opa Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:35 pm

:lol:
Golgo 14
128-bit

by Golgo 14 Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:06 pm

Yes. Listen to Guile, people.
marurun wrote: We’re not going to rubber stamp your horrible decisions.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:32 pm

It's funny. Irategamer was considered a mockery in the late 00s. Now I prefer him over AVGN.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever