Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by RCBH928 »

I haven't noticed anything different about the newer generation really except that they think its ok to post your whole life online as its the "default" way of living. I recall up until like 2005 no one posted their lives online . Heck there was a thriller/horror movie staring Robin Williams in 2002 about a guy that ogles and collects a family's personal photos in the photo lab
REPO Man
Next-Gen

Post by REPO Man »

I think I officially became an adult when new musical acts came out and I didn't immediately recognize them.

Also, speaking of celebrities, why the hell is Kim Kardashian famous again? I mean, I get that her dad was part of the OJ Simpson trial and that she hung out with Paris Hilton (who was surprisingly amazing in REPO! The Genetic Opera) and apparently would reorganize her famous friends' closets or something? I know it's not her sex tape since I heard of that long after she became famous.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

RCBH928 wrote:I haven't noticed anything different about the newer generation really except that they think its ok to post your whole life online as its the "default" way of living. I recall up until like 2005 no one posted their lives online . Heck there was a thriller/horror movie staring Robin Williams in 2002 about a guy that ogles and collects a family's personal photos in the photo lab

One Hour Photo, and it really showed a different side of Robin Williams, albeit one we had a peek at with Death to Smoochy, a criminally underrated dark comedy.
adamgtx
8-bit

Post by adamgtx »

Watched Nathan's(talking classics) fight tonight for some reason this forum came to mind. Apparently I haven't been on since 2011. Hi everyone, im old now. :(
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:One Hour Photo, and it really showed a different side of Robin Williams, albeit one we had a peek at with Death to Smoochy, a criminally underrated dark comedy.

I think I saw Death to Smoochy but all I remember is the guy wearing the suit being beaten up in a back alley. I am worried I have an early signs of Alzheimer. Please some one tell me they too forget the movies they watched. Its reoccurring a lot for me recently.

I hope I didn;t see it in the first place and saw the trailer.
Ack

Post by Ack »

adamgtx wrote:Watched Nathan's(talking classics) fight tonight for some reason this forum came to mind. Apparently I haven't been on since 2011. Hi everyone, im old now. :(

It's ok, we all are.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Yesterday, during rush hour traffic, I observed a man driving a golf cart on a busy road and stopping at an intersection with an even busier road. Then I noticed he had a subwoofer strapped to the back of the golf cart.

This fucking city.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

I hear that Imgur is purging old forum pictures and nsfw pictures on May 8. I'm currently strugling to make my new server computer do what the old hardware can. I think it's trivial to host files, tho it sucks about people's old posts dying. Veteran members, feel free to PM, and I'll make you a login if you wanna dump your files somewhere. I also know how to easily set up a new url to them.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

its part of the internet life. Links die, files go missing.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Substitute teaching is fun and chill. I vastly prefer knowing my job in advance vs. getting a 6 AM text message though. Had a cute group of kindergarteners on Thursday and then had Friday off!

However, working in the school has demonstrated to me that it's not a good fit for my kids at all. They need either homeschooling (again) or private school. My wife is actually considering moving so they can attending a specific Catholic school; easier said than done of course.