Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Note
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by Note Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:09 am

PretentiousHipster wrote:I actually mostly watch small YouTubers now because they just come across as more natural and sincere.

I really like the following: GeorgGreat, AdventureGameGeek (we're planning to do a collab some time this year), BastichB 64k, and Retrobreak. For bigger ones there's Happy Console Gamer, PeteDorr, and Rerez.

Appreciate some of these recommendations for the smaller channels. Gonna give them a look. Another smaller channel I like is Bullet Heaven.

Happy Console Gamer is a channel I like to watch too. I stumbled across his channel a few years ago while looking up videos about Phantasy Star Online. A few other larger channels I like are Game Sack, Classic Gaming Quarterly, and SNESDrunk, who used to post here from time to time.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:16 pm

Pete Dorr is definitely more sincere because in his cheap ps2 videos he recommended some stuff that's considered terrible but mentions what makes them great, and one entry in his top 10 games of the decade list was a f2p mobile game.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:02 am

Are we talking favorite youtubers?
I really think Gggmanlives is extremely underrated, he is like an archive of videogame reviews that has been publishing nonstop. For him to make all these reviews must mean he also played those games, so that some serious time sunk in there not to mention making the reviews themselves.

N64 Glenn Plant, same thing but Nintendo 64 only. I think he might have reviewed all N64 games.

Both are pure content no blabber talk, right to the point and well summarised.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:34 am

Gggmanlives only does shooters though except right at the beginning. His thumbnails seem weird too. Although tbf those videos were old and I see he deleted them lol (like the jill of the jungle one used DND fan art. I don't mind using sex for clickbait I guess, but at sometimes it just gets ridiculous especially if you take something from un-related media).

I actually prefer the late 00s/early 10s days with people like AVGN, Spoony, and yes even Irrategamer is good now. People might consider skits as "filler" but I find that they put a personable factor into it. But there may be a bias with that because I've been doing that stuff too to make it a throwback of those days.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:06 am

That being said I gotta look up this channel after seeing this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9FhIZkm4cw
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:53 pm

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that my upcoming video review is having stuff like this

https://i.imgur.com/eCrotAH.mp4
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

by Sload Soap Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:29 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:Gggmanlives only does shooters though except right at the beginning. His thumbnails seem weird too. Although tbf those videos were old and I see he deleted them lol (like the jill of the jungle one used DND fan art. I don't mind using sex for clickbait I guess, but at sometimes it just gets ridiculous especially if you take something from un-related media).

I actually prefer the late 00s/early 10s days with people like AVGN, Spoony, and yes even Irrategamer is good now. People might consider skits as "filler" but I find that they put a personable factor into it. But there may be a bias with that because I've been doing that stuff too to make it a throwback of those days.

Nah, Spoony and Irategamer were shit then and are still shit now. Aside from Lindsey Ellis (and she's now just a posh drama channel) all the Channel Awesome crew are and have always been pretty pathetic both in terms of production and critical analysis.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:47 pm

The critical analysis stuff is definitely fair. I find that they tend to do a pretty half assed approach to that. I don't mind the production value though, it's the sincerity that matters to me the most.
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

by SamuraiMegas Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:01 am

I've started selling vintage/designer japanese clothing, would anyone actually be interested in me posting it here? Maybe just tees that are nerd-culture related? I currently have a Thor tee from the 2005 Bape x Marvel collab, for example. Or would anyone be interested in Bape x Nintendo items?
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:40 am

Maybe? What sizes are they?
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever