Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
marurun

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by marurun Fri May 28, 2021 7:38 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Any one of you based individuals wanna redpill on the Retroid 2's capabilities?

Like reciting specs off a website or actually hands-on? For the latter you’ll have to wait a few weeks.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Fri May 28, 2021 8:03 pm

I'm too low IQ for specs. Tell me how it feels when you get it.
Ziggy587

by Ziggy587 Fri May 28, 2021 8:57 pm

Specs really aren't enough to go on these days with this type of thing.

2 Ghz quad core processor
4 GB RAM

Can you do decent SNES emulation with the above specs? On a desktop, yes. On a cell phone?
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
marurun

by marurun Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Most of the decent handhelds are supposed to emulate 8- and 16-bit stuff just fine. The better ones do PSX just fine, too. Its N64 and Dreamcast (though never super well) that are the jewels in the crown of the best handhelds. But I’ll know for sure in a few weeks.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

by prfsnl_gmr Fri May 28, 2021 10:19 pm

Here’s a review:

https://retrododo.com/retroid-pocket-2/

I’m waiting for the next Anbernic product before upgrading mine. (I have an RG350. It handles everything up to PS1 pretty well. No DC, N64, or PSP, though.)
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Sat May 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Started watching 30 Rock. So far loving Alec Baldwin's character, hoping it does not get too old too quick.
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:43 pm

Seems like my first Myst video did really poorly. But then again, ambitious and self-indulgent stuff never does well. Shame because that stuff tends to be more fun to make
Ack

by Ack Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:18 pm

PretentiousHipster wrote:Seems like my first Myst video did really poorly. But then again, ambitious and self-indulgent stuff never does well. Shame because that stuff tends to be more fun to make

Eh, no worries there. Make stuff for yourself first and foremost. The right people may see it or not, but if you enjoyed it, and one other person enjoys it, then you have completely succeeded.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

by RCBH928 Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:42 am

There seems to be no pattern to why some channels pick up and others do not, sometimes you find great channel with low subscribers and other times you find some lo wife channel with millions of subscribers. I do not mean to hate on the guy, and I never watch his videos, but what I understand PewDiePi has 110M subscribers just because he plays game and runs around screaming "PewDie" or whatever...
PretentiousHipster
Next-Gen

by PretentiousHipster Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 am

I actually mostly watch small YouTubers now because they just come across as more natural and sincere.

I really like the following: GeorgGreat, AdventureGameGeek (we're planning to do a collab some time this year), BastichB 64k, and Retrobreak. For bigger ones there's Happy Console Gamer, PeteDorr, and Rerez.
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever