Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
the King
Next-Gen

Random Thoughts Thread

by the King Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:11 pm

This is pretty popular on another site I post on, usually leads to some good discussion, but who knows. Any random thing you have that really doesn't fit anywhere else, post it here.

If Cinderella's dad was so awesome, how come he married such a biotch for his second wife?
Ziggy587

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

by Ziggy587 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:28 pm

You know, I've been thinking about making a "random" thread here for years. I think a random thread is great for forums. It encourages people to post here instead of creating new topics for ridiculous and pointless things.
I'm parting with some duplicate Blu-Ray and DVD movies. Check out this thread if interested.
slowslow325
Next-Gen

by slowslow325 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:34 pm

I am a heterosexual man. Do not make fun.
Ack

by Ack Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 pm

Does anyone else enjoy the simple pleasure of letting a video game run its splash screen behind them as they peruse this forum? There's something almost soothing about it, like if one were back in the arcade, enjoying the sounds of numerous machines running their demos.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

Re: Random Thoughts Threads

by hashiriya1 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 pm

I never liked Frankenstein.
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 pm

Ack wrote:Does anyone else enjoy the simple pleasure of letting a video game run its splash screen behind them as they peruse this forum? There's something almost soothing about it, like if one were back in the arcade, enjoying the sounds of numerous machines running their demos.

I thought I was the only person who did this. When I am home, I have my MAME computer in the background always running some NEO GEO rom because i love the little Neo Geo 330 MEGA jingle. If not that, then it'll be Street Fighter II or Robocop or something. It so takes me back to when I was a kid in arcades wishing I had enough quarters to play the damn game instead of watching the demo. Funny how that works. Now that I have the means to play it without limit, I let the demo run instead.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

by Rurouni_Fencer Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:48 pm

[composed last night after dying for literally the 45th time during the second Fluzzard stage of Super Mario Galaxy 2]

Dear Nintendo,
You've made your millions of dollars on the Wii and it's motion-controls. Thanks to you, my senile, 100-something year old great-grandmother can happily play tennis like a pro, all the while forgetting her problems along with her grand-children's first names.
Now could you PLEASE go BACK to standard joypad controls so I can play Super Mario again?
Because if I wanted to play Mario games in the worst possible way imaginable, I'd go on eBay and buy a fucking Power Glove!

Hugs & Kisses from NJ,
Rurouni_Fencer
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
Dylan
Next-Gen

by Dylan Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:58 pm

What happens when a Maneater meets a Lady Killer?
swiftzx
Next-Gen

by swiftzx Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 pm

Dylan wrote:What happens when a Maneater meets a Lady Killer?

What?
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:02 pm

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:[composed last night after dying for literally the 45th time during the second Fluzzard stage of Super Mario Galaxy 2]

Dear Nintendo,
You've made your millions of dollars on the Wii and it's motion-controls. Thanks to you, my senile, 100-something year old great-grandmother can happily play tennis like a pro, all the while forgetting her problems along with her grand-children's first names.
Now could you PLEASE go BACK to standard joypad controls so I can play Super Mario again?
Because if I wanted to play Mario games in the worst possible way imaginable, I'd go on eBay and buy a fucking Power Glove!

Hugs & Kisses from NJ,
Rurouni_Fencer

please send this
Return to Off-Topic / Whatever