Random Thoughts Thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
opa
128-bit

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by opa »

Did you try any stations coming from 40 west?
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

opa wrote:Did you try any stations coming from 40 west?

Oh yeah, that's basically my whole trip. Alot of lines but found some on the way back at 3.11/gallon. It was 2.79 the way up lol.
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

"Don't panic" is the alarm to panic in Eastern NC. Gas stations are either sold out or going bonkers with lines clogging traffic. While walking my dog at 6am I saw my neighbor who was coming back from a gasoline hunt. It's nuts over here, but that is par for the course as I'm sure people are still using the same toilet paper supply from last March in this area. Hoarders going to hoard.

Speaking of Eastern NC, NC folk should seek out WELL PLAYED GAMES in Greenville NC. Such a great store, arcade, cafe, lounge.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

NotLuke wrote:"Don't panic" is the alarm to panic in Eastern NC. Gas stations are either sold out or going bonkers with lines clogging traffic. While walking my dog at 6am I saw my neighbor who was coming back from a gasoline hunt. It's nuts over here, but that is par for the course as I'm sure people are still using the same toilet paper supply from last March in this area. Hoarders going to hoard.

Speaking of Eastern NC, NC folk should seek out WELL PLAYED GAMES in Greenville NC. Such a great store, arcade, cafe, lounge.

+1

We’re sold out in CLT too. My wife and each have a little over a quarter tank. That should be enough to get our son to and from school for the next few days, but if not we’re not able to get gas next week, we’ll have to start calling in help (or getting up really, really early and biking!)
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

I was going to go see Demon Slayer this weekend for my birthday gift to myself. But seeing as the closest theater still showing it is 1.5 hours away, I don't want to risk not being able to get gas. Hackers and hoarders are on my shit list right now.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

time to think about electric vehicles, there is always electric supply!
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

RCBH928 wrote:time to think about electric vehicles, there is always electric supply!

Unless it snows in Texas
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

bmoc wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:time to think about electric vehicles, there is always electric supply!

Unless it snows in Texas

How do I rep/like/plus1 this comment?
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

Well if the world relied on electric vehicles, pretty sure sub stations and the like could be hacked as well.
NotLuke
24-bit

Post by NotLuke »

Without gas taxes, the roads will get pretty terrible unless every state starts taxing the hoopla out of electric vehicles.
Gas is still weird out here.

As soon as I saved enough for a kitchen remodel, a leak showed its drippy face in our kitchen. A new shower may be needed, as one plumber already suggested if I was remotely interested in a new shower, it may be the best way to go about fixing the leak as more plumbing would be exposed. As of now they would have to go through the ceiling above the piano, which would mean moving the piano, which would mean another tuning.

Things will work out.